1st PYB run on Jeep (Holy holy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys - you weren't kidding.

Went to the Ft.Dix PX after a class, bought a jug of PYB 5-30 and 1 qt. Of PYB 5-20. Brought my Mobil 1 filter from home. Went to the class parking lot early. Put the drip pan underneath, opened her up, and let it drain till 11:30. Filled it up after changing the filter. Checked oil. Started up Jeep and started driving. It was unable to go under 80 MPH on the Turnpike! It just wanted to go faster and faster, it was unreal. I can't believe my Jeep's 4.0 was running so smooth! I'm using explanation points here because it was unreal on the Turnpike. I will run this for 3000 miles, empty it, and put in either TDT or a 2nd run of PYB apon the advice I received here.

Question: What do I do next?!

A) Run PYB 5-30 in it after OCI (again).
B) Run TDT 5-40 in it after OCI.
C) Run M1 0-40 in it after OCI.
D) Run M1 0-20 in it after OCI. (AFE variety)

Thankyou again.
Shouts to Brother Demar & Buster.

I have heard of things like that happening before. Most people also find that thier windows roll up and down easier as well.

Why change if it is working so well?? Do not use option D, I just think it is too thin for your app. B is too thick and unnecessary. Just use the grade that is recommended.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Why change if it is working so well?? Do not use option D, I just think it is too thin for your app. B is too thick and unnecessary. Just use the grade that is recommended.

PYB always worked great in both my 4.0's
I run it during the summer months if I go wheeling and dump it at 3-4k.
Currently I am running Mobil Delvac 15W-40 for a 6K oci.

Went to the Ft.Dix PX after reading that I feel sorry for you. Have they completed the remodeling there yet? BTW PYB will serve your 4.0 just fine. But you could put gear oil in there and be fine 4.0 I-6's are bulletproof.

Originally Posted By: shadow7
Guys! Remember today is 420...

lol.gif

Hey Army guy! Always good to read your posts. Stick to what's working! That engine needs a "thicker oil" I'd pass on the 20 grade oil. The TDT 5W40 is good oil, I'm currently using it in my Aerostar, it hasn't helped reduce consumption though. 20 grade was the best for that, but my engine was back spec'd for 20 grade. Stick with the PYB 5W30, and be happy you found the Holy Grail of oils for your Jeep!

Morning everyone. Thanks for the feedback. 420 my butt; it ran crazy nice. Thanks Demar, good seeing you too; I'll take your advice. Dave1251, Yes, the PX is almost completely done. Largest Govt Walmart I've ever seen. Even bigger than the one at Bragg.

Hooah.
-A

Whatever happened to all those who love Havoline, or any other brand besides PYB for that matter.
PYB is being touted for its cleaning abilities which leads me to wonder…are there some brands that leave deposits behind? I decided to give Mobil Super HM a shot in my old car, and I will say that the gas gauge takes a bit longer to go down as it did on all the other HM (non-resource conserving) HM oils like Maxlife and GTX HM.

If PYB had that much of a positive effect, can you imagine what synthetic would do?

Originally Posted By: nooil
I get the same performance outa my chevy pu after changing the air in my tires which I do every 5000 miles

crackmeup2.gif

Stay with the YBP.

I just put some 5W-20 in my '10 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder.

I like the way the car feels with the YBP.

Originally Posted By: whip
If PYB had that much of a positive effect, can you imagine what synthetic would do?

In my experience - nothing. I ran PP 5W30 last summer, and my next OCI after that was PYB SN 5W30 - and I liked the new PYB better than PP.

I have a stash still of PP to use up, and I still prefer synthetic in winter (the extra cost being offset by faster warm up times in sub-zero temps because of the cold flow difference is worth it), but otherwise I wouldn't pay the extra over plain old PYB 5W30. Its a favorite rollback of WM here, making it also the cheapest dino most of the time (or anytime if you buy it when its on its usual rollback before you need to do the OC).

-Spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back