1qt. in 3,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to just see how a 50wt would be in my car. Amsoil's S2k 20w-50 seems like a nice oil as does the M1. Car would probably be sluggish as hell.

My Corolla would be sluggish with 0 weight oil
lol.gif
Corollas consume oil period, I mean, I'm constantly going to 3500-4,000 rpm just to keep up with traffic. I use at least 1 quart every 2,000-3,000 miles, and even more if I'm at sustained highway speeds for a long time, as I'm turning about 3,500 rpm at 80 mph. First time my Dad rode in it on the highway, he was yelling at me to get the rpms below at least 3,000 for fear of engine meltdown
twak.gif

Nice chart and good point Tones. Perhaps another factor to consider in oil consumption is flash point. It would be interesting to see how flash point looks alongside density. Seems to me that Valvoline AllClimate has a fairly low flash point, which may counteract the anti-oil consumption benefits of its high density.

Drew99GT I love it!!!

quote:

First time my Dad rode in it on the highway, he was yelling at me to get the rpms below at least 3,000 for fear of engine meltdown

lol.gif

That is so funy. The scary thing is that you can actualy run them at high RPM's all day long 24/7 and they will take it so long as you keep them in oil and gas! The older ones would do 120 MPH no problem.

I belive I read someplace that the Corolla is the most popular car in the world. Scary thought!

buster if you are that afraid then at least try 50/50 blend or 15W50 and 10w30. 0w30R oil is not going to solve the consuption issue. You might also try the 5W40 and see if that hold up better. I still think that M1 15W50 will solve your problems and give you great UOA!

[ January 01, 2004, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: JohnBrowning ]

I bought my car for one reason, reliability. I can't stand how slow this car is. It drives me nuts. When I took my job and new my wife was going to be temporarily moving to upstate NY I needed a good fuel efficient, well built economy car. Corolla's are tough little cars. I told my wife though, never again will I buy a 4cyl. My choices for my next car which I should be buying the end of next year are a Jeep 4.0L, New Mustang, Honda S2000, or Honda Accord V6. Each has their plusses and minuses. The S2000 is highly regarded but i'm not a fan of rev happy cars with no torque. I'm sure if I drove one I'd love it based on reviews I've read about it.

BTW, I'm now at 3,800 miles and I'm still at the full mark. Sweeeeet.
wink.gif

[ January 03, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back