1MZ-FE & GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used it in my 1MZ-FE, but I get better UOAs on M1. I also find that the PCV valve does not clog up nearly as fast with M1 5W-30 than it does with GC.

Just my experience but I have given up on GC and gone back to M1. It has worked very well for me over the past 11 years and 217,000 miles (except for my year or so on GC).

Originally Posted By: hate2work

That has to be the first time I've heard someone call a Camry a monster :)

I think he meant the 1MZ-FE :)

Originally Posted By: hate2work

What would you hope to gain by using GC?

That has to be the first time I've heard someone call a Camry a monster :)

Sludge monster?
lol.gif

Kidding. Love the MZ motor. Excellent power, reliability and fuel economy. All in all an absolute home run.

I just want an overall good oil that I can run in the Camry.
I drive about 50-75 miles a day mostly freeway. avg 60-80 mph
1MZ-FE shears oil quickly from what I hear and want an oil to provide full protection during the entire OCI.
I've heard that the 1MZ-FE shears a 30 weight down to a 20 weight by the time it's ready to drain the oil.
I'm not too happy about running a 20 weight for even a mile when the engine specs a 30 weight.

Just want to know what people thing of this combo.
If I do choose to run GC, it will be with a Purolater P1.
Currently I have Royal Purple 5W-30 in the sump. I'm not too happy with its performance after 2.5k miles. Engine seems quite loud.

What's up with that?! Isn't RP a good oil?!

Last edited:
I ran GC in my 2003.5 V-6 Camry (the first appearance of the VVT-i version in the Camry). I thought it seemed somewhat sluggish, either I got used to it, or it passed (it had been receiving M1 5w-30 before that). I ended up liking it very much, and it produced outstanding UOA results (posted here, long ago). I would not hesitate to try GC in a 1MZ V-6.

Yeah, I've used it in the wife's with good results in the past. It's got Ultra in it now, but depending on price and availability I'll probably be back to using either GC or RTS at the next oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back