1K into OCI with GC and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... it's the same color it was when I put it in there, on the dipstick. Even M1 always seemed to be turning a light brown by this point but GC seems to be the same fresh golden color it was when I put it in.

Acceleration and engine responsiveness seems to be improved over M1 too. That could be the "fresh oil" talking.

Maybe I'm just imaging it, but so far... I like
smile.gif

(This is probably all nothing you haven't heard before, but I figured I'd share.)

GC is more smooth and quite in my VW 2.8 than M1 0w-40! It's slow to change color in my motor as well. I just sent in a sample after a 7500 mile oci and although it was darker than new, it was still very clear on the stick. It's good stuff!

GC oil is magical as Your engine is being rebuilt by the elves as You drive!!!
I switched from the #@$%! Mobil one EP to GC because of the engine noise from the M1 & since the change I could not be happier!

I just dumped my dino castrol oil today in my 02 2.3L accord w/ 100k miles and replaced it with GC. Engine seems to run much quieter but it seems kind of sluggish at low rpms. Gas mileage dropped slightly but I don't mind it.

have about 2k miles on my run of the green stuff. once the oil gets to operating temp. the engine is silky smooth and when I hit the gas the truck is so smooth hitting 5k rpm. its in a dodge dakota 4.7 v-8. my MPG hasnt changed as its a V-8 mileage sucks to begin with .

2k and still gold, although it's starting to turn a little darker. By this point the M1 in my car was getting a lot worse.

#@$%! I put on miles fast
laugh.gif

Now that I've found a source of GC I'm trying to decide between the GC or the Syntec 5W-40 for my '06 GTI with the 2.0T FSI engine.

Currently use M1 0W-40 with 5K OCI.

Comments-thoughts?

David

Quote:

Now that I've found a source of GC I'm trying to decide between the GC or the Syntec 5W-40 for my '06 GTI with the 2.0T FSI engine.

Currently use M1 0W-40 with 5K OCI.

Comments-thoughts?

David

That 0W-40 may be Mobil-1's best oil. The GC is PAO... the Syntec 5W-40 is mostly Group III.... I think!

Last edited:
Can anyonr point me to the specs for M1 0W-40 and GC? I want to compare the hot vis. between the two. I know GC is a heavy 30 weight but wanted to see the numbers vs M1 0-40.

Thanks,

David

A long time ago their was some discushion on GC and deposits. One posters engine had an alarming amount of deposits under the valve cover where prior to useing GC he had none. It looked like it was probably a bad pcv to me but we never found out one why or the other. The question was weather or not GC was doing a good job of holding containets in suspension. Anyone know if this has been put to rest? ANyone take their valve covers off after multiple OCI's with GC?

I just popped the valve cover off like 15 minutes ago.

It's a 2002 Honda accord 2.3L 102,000 miles on the clock. It was trhe first oil change with GC. It has 4,000 miles on the oil. Been using M1 since 40,000 miles
DSC01529.JPG

DSC01530.JPG

DSC01531.JPG

Does my engine look healthy?

yes it does look good
the real question is would it still be as clean if you used Wal-Mart oil with the same OCI?
or if it wasn't as clean would anything mechanical really go wrong because of it?

Clean as a whistle !! That engine is good for another 100k at least. Did you adjust those tappets when the cover was off? What spark plugs did you use if you replaced them?

Quote:

Clean as a whistle !! That engine is good for another 100k at least. Did you adjust those tappets when the cover was off? What spark plugs did you use if you replaced them?

Eh, I didn't notice that until I looked at the photos. I'll fix it later.
smile.gif

I use NGK iridium spark plugs, I changed them about 9,000 miles ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back