1999 Lexus ES300, M1 HM 5W-30, 9829 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous UOA: 1st Analysis

qDL5lEc.png

I wouldn't dare run close to 10k miles in a 1MZ-FE, and both of mine are clean enough to eat off of under the valve covers.

Glad to see the UOA looks good though.

Originally Posted By: hypervish
I wouldn't dare run close to 10k miles in a 1MZ-FE, and both of mine are clean enough to eat off of under the valve covers.

Proves to me again that M-1 oils (I use M-1 0w20 AFE) which are guaranteed for 10K....can easily do that and more. What filter are you using?

Hypervish.....if your using a synthetic, it would be pure waste of $$$ and resources to do short OCI's.

Iv never don't more then 7.5k miles on any oil. But I don't drive much anymore. Hated those 30 mile drives on way back and forth to work for years.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I would rather run two cheaper conv. For 5k miles each then run one good synthetic for 10k

Not that 10k is to much. Many manufacturers recommend it. Just that stuff gets darker then sin.

To each his own tho. Looks good

x2

x3

UOA might look fine, but 10k on dino oil in a 1MZ probably means heavy varnishing at least.

Those are excellent numbers! Very impressive. But its not just the oil, Toyota makes great engines.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
HKPolice....The poster used M-1.....which is a SYNTHETIC....not dino.

He might have confused our HM Mobil product with yours. Yours is a synthetic, ours is an SN/GF-5 blend. We do not, unfortunately, get M1 HM up in Canada, so that can cause confusion.

The OP clearly puts on allot of miles, so the oil can definitely go longer and the engine might be clean because it's not only Mobil 1, it's also High Mileage blend on top of that, it gets changed like 3-4 times a year.

If this was the same oil going for a year with short trips around town, racking up 10k then I'd feel differently.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
What filter are you using?

Motorcraft FL-400S was utilized for the 1st analysis. This time, a Fram XG3614.

A few in this thread have made comments about OCI mileage. Looking at the results, what condemnation criteria are you basing that decision upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back