1999 Jeep 4.0, Rotella T Syn 5w40, 4900 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my analysis back from Blackstone. This was older Rotella T Synthetic SL. I'm debating whether to try SM rated RTS, or give M1 0w30 a run. Since I'm heading into summer and will be both highway driving and doing a little rock crawling in the 100+ temps, I'll probably run RTS again and wait until I get an analysis back on the M1 0w30 AFE that's in wifey's PTCruiser right now. You guys have officially corrupted me- oil geekery is more addictive than gambling to my strangely wired brain...
grin2.gif

JeepOil4_09.jpg

Looks good.

I'm looking for a Jeep for my daughter and hopefully if I find one, its 4.0 looks as good as yours!

Nice report.
thumbsup2.gif

No makeup oil correct?

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Looks good.

I'm looking for a Jeep for my daughter and hopefully if I find one, its 4.0 looks as good as yours!

Nice report.
thumbsup2.gif

No makeup oil correct?

Bill

Correct, no make-up oil. Funny story about this Jeep- It belonged to a co-worker, and I drove him down to the dealership to pick it up when he bought it new back in '99. His "thanks" for the help was to toss me the keys and let me drive it back to his house to pick up my car... so I put some of the first miles on it. 10 years and 119k miles later, I bought it from him. I got it for my daughter (she'll be 16 in the fall) but I've gotten so hooked on it I may not give it up!

The are addictive! I had a 05 and got rid of it after not even 2 years because it was nothing but problems. Well, here I am again with a newer JK! I just couldn't stay away! Knock on wood, this one has been pretty good for me so far, and I've been way harder on it than my first one. Theres still something about the TJ's I love though, I still kind miss my old one.

The 4.0L is one of my fav engines and the AW4 automatic is a perfect match for it. The XJ is by far the most durable of the modern Jeeps. I was so sad when they discontinued it. I miss mine...

Still have our 1994 Jeep Wrangler 4.0, has 185k on it. The infamous jeep engine sound still in my head. My brother bought it new in 94, I took ownership in 99-02 fixing and taking care of it and then garaged it for occasional use when I got my 01 Impala. Then in 03 he took ownership again and went from 82k-185k and it still runs even with his horrible maintenance on it. Now there are some body rust holes and it needs a new drivers side chair. Thing sat in the driveway for a a few months since I last took it out and it cranked right up. Did an oil change on it Sunday afternoon with Formula Shell 10w-30 for the upcoming spring/summer.

Wish I had the money to get her up an running all good again(body wise) but my brother really doesn't care for her much any more. Fun to drive and the whole Jeep club thing was fun(wave at your fellow wrangler driver!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back