1999 Altima no start. Finally get to use my new tool.

Car has been sitting the last 8 years since I took it as trade. I did start it up fine 2 years ago, but now, nothing. Cranks normally and a shot of starting fluid gets it going for a second, so it's probably not getting any gas. I put 2 gallons in the tank for good measure, but I can't hear the pump when turning the key on either. Going to try this tool I bought 2 a few years ago and have never used before. Basically a substitute fuel system that bypasses the fuel tank, pump, filter and lines to put fuel directly into the fuel rail. It still could be electrical like a fuel pump fuse or relay and I'll check that too before condemning the pump, but I still want to test out this tool. Have a few other cars with similar issues.

61xWw%2BH3PWL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Where can I get one of these? Would like to use it in combination with BMW Fuel Injector cleaner, formerly known as "OG" AC Delco Fuel Injector cleaner.
82140428376.jpg

EDIT: Just found something similar, but for about 23% of the price. (
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Very old gas can gum up a fuel pump so it doesn't turn. You may be able to free it by removing pump, turn it upside down and pour solvent (e.g. Berryman B12) into the inlet.

Where can I get one of these? Would like to use it in combination with BMW Fuel Injector cleaner, formerly known as "OG" AC Delco Fuel Injector cleaner.
View attachment 55553

EDIT: Just found something similar, but for about 23% of the price. (
View attachment 55554
You need compressed air for that one to work. We used to use the system that had a pressurized can that would thread directly to the fuel rail which would eliminate the need for shop air but I'm not sure if they still exist.

Last edited:
OK but what if you're checking out a car away from home, an engine in the junk yard or your car's fuel pump gives out on the road.
If this is aimed at me, then I personally never been in that specific scenario. When I bought a junkyard engine, it was already pulled and came with warranty. And on the road never had a fuel issue to warrant keeping such a tool in the trunk at all times. Great tool! Just realistically if I was working on my fuel system - it would be by the garage, with all tools I may ever need, and an air compressor. But I do have a pretty beefy tire compressor in my car, so if I ever had to resort to that option, I guess I could. But again, quite an unrealistic scenario, at least in my experience.

Back