1999 2dr Tahoe 4x4 Value?

A friend of mine gave me his old 1999 Chevy Tahoe 2dr 4x4. He was moving out of state, no longer needed it and didnt want to move it, so he gave it to me. It does have some rust, but it only has 183,000 miles. In the last 2 years, he replaced the spider injection, new fuel tank, pump and lines. and new driveshaft. The interior is in really good shape. Only thing wrong with it is it has an exhaust leak. I know these 2dr are going up in value, especially considering this is the last year of them. What would you place the value?

Just a warning that you're gonna get answers from people who live in their own world and think used cars like this are $350 cars.

It really depends on what 'some rust' is.. I'm more in tune with the full size bronco market but those are going up steadily. Rough but running ones are $3k. Clean original ones are $5k+ and some folks are starting to think they're worth approaching $10k. I don't think they're going to be wrong for much longer.. No reason nice bronco's and blazer values shouldn't go the way of the Jeep Grand Wagoneers IMO.

Really depends on the condition. This one is SWEET! I would love a 2 door Tahoe.

If we're talking minor rust it's worth keeping. This biased opinion(what opinion isn't?) brought to you by an original owner of a 99 2 door Tahoe.
They have a very tight turning radius.
Performance is decent for that era.
Super comfortable.My long board(10 ft) fits inside. Can't drive like that, but it's better than having it strapped to the roof when parked.
Terrible brakes, like all Tahoes of that generation. The 2 door has smaller drum brakes in the rear than the 4 door. Better pads help.
Cheap, easy to find parts.

Pics of the rust.
IMG_20200812_183522.jpg
IMG_20200812_183458.jpg
IMG_20200812_183449.jpg

What else lurks under those fender flares?

This is a real middle-of-the-road condition heap. The genre of the boxy full-size 2-door SUV is going up, as others said, but it'll take some bucks to make this one nice again. So it's current value is in its utility, which is whatever (generic) trucks go for around you. $2-3k here.

That second pic is some deep, nasty rust that will take a new panel to fix.
As said, it could be nothing but more of this under those flares.

Also, you will have to get under it to see if this is in the frame, or major parts of the floor pan.

There is a reason he gave you this for nothing.

Meh. It’s a truck. it won’t command top dollar but body rust doesn’t matter if it’s hauling paint, ladders and a trailer. Lower end of the spectrum but look at the buyers for these. If it were mine, I’d try my hand at body repair, including some sheet metal from a kenmore drier.
m

I always had a soft spot for those, especially in teal or pewter as posted above, don’t see too many around

What does the frame and the sections where the body mounts to the frame look like. Those are the areas that go bad and can not be fixed and the vehicle must be scrapped. I would get it up on a lift and check out those areas before putting any money into it.

It's a vehicle you can drive until it dies. There is so much rust on it that it would not be worth it to repair. As far as value probably not worth much but if you keep it the price doesn't matter. As far as a 2 door rarity there are quite a few of those around if you really want to find one. He must be a nice guy to give it to you for free. Congrats on the new addition to your fleet. Post more pictures and others can give you a better estimation of value.

Back