1998 Subaru tranny fluid - Redline 75W-90NS?

1998 Subaru Legacy AWD, 2.2L automatic, 150K miles Don't know maintenance history. I am experiencing torque bind - when sharply turning at slow speeds, the whole car vibrates. I hear that one cause could be tires of unequal diameter, for example if one is low on air. I made sure they were the same and I am still getting the vibration. Another suggestion I got was to drain the tranny fluid a few times. I hear good things about Redline 75W-90NS but really any good tranny fluid should work, I just want to make it to 170K-180 miles or so. I am not getting a flush, but draining it myself a few times since the fluid pan has a drain plug in it. Any comments about Redline 75W-90NS? Any other fluids I should consider? Where do you buy a good tranny fluid? NAPA auto parts maybe?

Last edited:

pacem

(Ignore the subject, Redline 75W-90NS is for manual tranny, I have an AT) What's a good AT for Subaru's tranny?

Any universal or multivehicle ATF is good! Because of mileage and unknown history, Castrol high mileage or Valvoline maxlife is what I would use.