1998 BMW 528 160,210km, 6,400km 6mth, GC 0W30 M07

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an early change from a mileage perspective, but the car had almost no long trips and more than average short trips all winter. I was concerned about fuel dilution and curious about lab results since this is probably the most I've beat up my oil.

It did pretty well.

I thought I had submitted 3 times to Blackstone, but they only list the previous sample. It was using a green lot of GC. The differences in ad pack can be seen there.

This oil had a 4oz dose of ARX.

D76717.png

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Looks good. Time does not seem to be a factor as much as I thought. The results are similar to mine. I ran slightly longer in terms of distance (9200 km), but shorter in terms of time (1 year):

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1437629#Post1437629

No ARX in mine, but I did use some LC20.

Pete: This was a 6 month OCI due to frequent short tripping and almost no long tripping during a Canadian winter. I thought it was an interesting sample to analyze and I wanted it out of there, looks like it wasn't necessary. Now I know.

I don't send every OC to be analyzed so the previous sample shown on the sheet isn't the previous OCI.

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada

I don't send every OC to be analyzed so the previous sample shown on the sheet isn't the previous OCI.

Got it. And here I thought it took you almost 2 years to rack up 6400 km. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back