1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers!

After I got this -96 ZJ with 4.0 I6 and automatic transmission we have been working on it a bit and basically doing normal maintenance (fluids etc.) and driving it. It seems that the car has been in need of getting some miles on it as it works better and better the more I drive it.

The awful 12 year olf BF All Terrains had to go and I got a new set of Nokian R2 studless winter tyres in 245/70R16 size. Now the car goes quite smoothly.

Yesterday we shanged suspension. Jeep got Moog progressive coil springs (no lift) and Bilstein B6 gas shocks. Old Monroes had no life in them left so transformation was huge.

Now the Jeep would need some brakes. Front and rear discs are like brand new but there is no power in the brakes. I suspect that there is air in the system. Apart from bleeding we have decided to service the calipers and I would like to change the pads as well. And that where I could use your advice:

Which pads would you recommend for normal street/highway use?

Raybestos pads are in stock. Apart from those I believe I could get Ferodo, EBC, Bosch, Jurid and Crown pads quite easily. I'm basically after OEM braking quality with very little or no noise.

Originally Posted By: Trav
ATE, Jurid, Pagid should be all available for this vehicle in your country, all are top shelf. EBC would be my second choice.
Those are good pads and Hardware. How are the hard lines and hoses?

We'll check lines and hoses while at it. We can make the hard lines and hoses are available off the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back