1995 Voyager van won't stay running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1995 3.0. It sat for a few weeks and when I went to drive it yesterday it would start and run for maybe 2-3 seconds and then die. Fuel pump pumps up, fresh gas. I'm thinking a sensor is either dead or does not like something and it shuts it down. Any help or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Possibly some water collected in the tank after sitting from the ethanol? I know you said fresh gas but the first thing the fuel pump could have pulled was water causing it to run then stall. Just a thought.

Last edited:
These have an "auto shut down relay". Switch with another with the same part number, IIRC, the horn relay.

sat 3 weeks, look for water in gas, run stabil, its a cheap fix, cross fingers and burn some buffalo chips at 3 am. No, really, the stabil is your cheap fix. It has worked for me. Forget the chips for now.

it's a 95 Voyager...let it die. It's lived a long life. Time for it to go onto that big junkyard in the skiy

Failing distributor? They are a common weak point in 1990s Japanese engines. It is important to get a new one, rebuilds are good for about 1 year.

Call me superstitious but a car that old should not be sitting and be driven regularly. I read over and over old cars that sit for weeks do not start back up again after running fine.

Does it have an EGR valve? Sometimes they hang open and the engine will run badly especially at cold and idle. If your engine has one, try tapping it with a hammer and restart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back