1995 Taurus transmission fluid..

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.0 or 3.8, 4 Speed automatic,110K miles, I really would like to change out the transmission fluid, I guess these Taurus have transmission issues? Anyways, what kind of transmission fluid would i need, also, how many qts? Thanks!

we are engine rebuilders and not transmission guys but it will say on your trans dip stick and in the owners manuel and i believe you can use mercon-v but dont hold me to it also some of the high mileage oils do wonders for the seals inside and out and improve shifting and overall trans issues i use high mileage valvoline dexron 3 in all my gm high mileage transmissions and everything i own goes wee over 200,000 miles with no issues

mercon V fluid is specified. There are a couple of different trans that yours could have. Complete flush will require 12-14 qts. depending on which unit yours has. A pan drop and refill should be roughly half that number of qts.

I would just pick a Mercon V rated fluid, brand choice really would not concern me at this point. I would be more worried about flushing it out good the first round then you could change fluids after.

These transmissions don't require fluid changes just complete overhauls!
LOL.gif

J/K

Glad it worked out for you!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back