1995 Lexus LS400 Paint/NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading Gregk24's post about his car's paint...

I felt like I had been neglecting my paint so...

I got the itch to wash, clay, rinse, dry and NuFinish it again.
1995 Lexus LS400.
Moonstone Pearl is the color.
I did this same process last year around September.

I was/am still amazed at how nice this 20 year old paint looks. By the way I like to put NuFinish on the windows as well. Enjoy.

Drool...
IMAG0238_1.jpg

IMAG0237_1.jpg

IMAG0236_1.jpg

Clear reflection of whats above my garage.
IMAG0239_1.jpg

My Neighbors car looks pretty darn clear
IMAG0240_1.jpg

Took the entire afternoon but was a good excuse to get out of the house and got to listen to some good ole talk radio while working.

On a negative note... it wasn't very exciting to find all the tiny little scratches that you know weren't there last year...

Last edited:
Pound for pound NUFinish is a good product, though not nearly as easy as Meg;s ultimate wax,I just hate the way it stains anything non-painted like black moulding , mudflaps ect...Nufinish gets all the $100 for a few ounces wax boys all in a tizzy, but when I use Nufinish I stay away from the window frames and just use Meg's ultimate wax there. Nufinish is a synthetic sealant .

Lexus uses, especially in that model the best paint available in 1995, I love those mid-90's Lexies, The relentless pursuit of perfection!

Originally Posted By: JC1

Is that the paste version or liquid version of Nu Finish?

I used the liquid.
I tried the paste once but thought it was much more difficult to apply and get off...?
Maybe was just me.

On the Lexus most of the window seals and door seals are shiny black rubber. They don't seem effected by the nufinish. BUT the seals around the door handles as well as the seals around the headlight are matte black in color and do get stained.

On my Honda it seems like all the seals are the matte black instead of shiny black which seems much more eager to soak up the product and stain.

Side note, pics were taken with my HTC One M9 phone.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic.

HTSS_TR is a member on here with an LS400 with like over 370,000 miles. I'd like to see what it looks like!

Spilled some NuFinish on the pavement once,took 6 months to get the stain to wear off....

I've also been using NuFinish for decades...swear by the stuff. I've never found a product that lasts longer or protects better (you can keep those "deep finish" products that last a couple of months at best...I'll deal with the slightly less shine and "depth" for something that protects my car).

It may explain why its hard to find a good Lexus LS400 from the 90's for a reasonable price. They are great, and popular.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Looks fantastic.

HTSS_TR is a member on here with an LS400 with like over 370,000 miles. I'd like to see what it looks like!

I'm embarrass to show my LS400 condition inside out.

I gave my car to my daughter late 2003 when I bought my S2000. She didn't take care of her car at all, I was busy at that time taking care of my wife E430 and my S2000 and worked more than full time.

The car mechanical is sound but exterior/interior is terrible. It didn't have any wax for more than 10 years, only washed once every 2-3 months.

Brybo 1995 LS400 is 1000 times better than my 1994 LS400.

In early 1990 Lexus(Toyota) showed German luxury car companies how to engineer, manufacture and service high end car, LS400 is an example. A year later Acura showed Porsche, Ferrari ... how to design exotic car with NSX.

After these examples European car companies didn't look down at Japanese car companies as appliance producers.

I was a pro detailer for 15 years and used everything under the sun. I have said this many times on this forum but NuFinish is about the best sealant there is on the market. Nothing lasts as long, period. Some shine better but can't match NuFinish durability.
Nice pictures and the reflections look great! Good job! Did you do all the inside s of the door jams, truck and hood? If not get all that paint protected too!

Dont forget to re-apply in 30 days, per the instructions.

I was skeptical about the having to re-apply thing at first, but it really makes the finish last, and boy will she shine.

Did one of those unlimited car wash deals this past winter due to road salt (touchless wash)
72 washes later the water still beaded up

I like Nu finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back