1994 Chevrolet 1500 5.7 dies when a/c is turned on.

I'm off from work today and it seems like I'm either messing with my car or someone else's haha. My friend has a 1994 Chevrolet 1500 with the 5.7 V8. Truck runs perfect until you turn the a/c on. The compressor constantly turns on off on off and the engine will immediately die if you don't keep the rpm's up.

A/c compressor problem?

Not an expert but when I've seen a constant cycling on and off of the AC pump clutch, the refrigerant was really low. Maybe the pump has so much drag it stalls the engine?

I'm off from work today and it seems like I'm either messing with my car or someone else's haha. My friend has a 1994 Chevrolet 1500 with the 5.7 V8. Truck runs perfect until you turn the a/c on. The compressor constantly turns on off on off and the engine will immediately die if you don't keep the rpm's up.

A/c compressor problem?
If i had a nickel for ever AC compressor that i sold,constant cycling indicates low refrigerant. I used to sell a flouresant dye which could be added to the system. The big issue is that faing compressors, can badly contaminate the condenser, most condensers are now parallel flow instead of the older serpentine flow and as such, can not be flushed effectively.Some new compressors nedded to be lubicated with PAG oil and needed a special Spanner wrench to break them loose prior to instaling

Yeah I told her to go have the system tested. A/c work is way being my expertise.

Back