1994 Buick Century 63k miles pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
That alternator could just be a bearing, probably a 6203. Take your old one apart-- it's super easy-- and look into it when you get bored. Then you'll have a spare.

Originally Posted by Audios
Jerry Lundegard says youre gonna want that undercoating....

Fargo

That was a Ciera
smile.gif

I still see a ton of these old A-bodies on the roads. This is a nice, clean example. I wouldn't mind having it in my garage.

Originally Posted by eljefino
That alternator could just be a bearing, probably a 6203. Take your old one apart-- it's super easy-- and look into it when you get bored. Then you'll have a spare.

Yep - and no dealing with Chinese new or Mexican remans since you'll also keep your Indiana-made Delco-Remy alt.

I've always thought the old Buick Century came with GM's 3.1/3.4L V6s like the Lumina and Grand Prix did.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by eljefino

Yep - and no dealing with Chinese new or Mexican remans since you'll also keep your Indiana-made Delco-Remy alt.

I've always thought the old Buick Century came with GM's 3.1/3.4L V6s like the Lumina and Grand Prix did.

They came with either the 3100 v6 or the Buick 3.3. Or the 4 cylinder. I think earlier ones were the iron Duke 2.5. The 2.2 must have just been available in the later ones.

I have a good memory of a woman who was pretty hard up for money coming in with one of these (might have been a Ciera actually but basically the same car) it needed 4 tires badly but she could only afford 2 for now... we were replacing the worst 2 tires and a rich lady with a range Rover was chatting with this woman in the waiting room, next thing we know she comes up and says she wants to pay for all 4 of that woman's tires. The woman was in tears after that. We all felt good about it.

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to have it, and feels good to keep it in the family. As popular as they once were, it's like driving something "different" now lol.

The 2.2 & 3sp is just fine around town and cruises down the highway great. But goes nowhere in a hurry when you push it, and it absolutely does not like to be revved. But that's ok. I enjoy driving it, and will do so a couple days a week.

I love looking down the hood and see the buick hood ornament while driving. Though not a large car it sure cruises down the road like one.

I have a good & positive story about these GM cars.

Back in the early 90's, a lady that I worked with drove these types of GM cars, mostly BUICK's all her life and never a 4 cyl. She had been hearing a great deal about HONDAs and how good of a car they were. Lots of folks we worked with were switching to HONDAs(and Toyotas too) mainly due to having many issues with their domestic vehicles however, this lady wasn't one of them. She never really had any serious issues with her BUICKs.

For her next car, she went out and bought a new HONDA Accord LX(1990-'91) and absolutely hated the car after the first year. She complained about so many things with her HONDA that all of our co-workers were astonished, especially since they were having such great success with theirs.

This lady wasn't a complainer. As the matter of fact, you'd have a hard time finding a more positive person to work with. Just some of the things that I can remember about her complaints with her Accord:

She hated the hard seats, the firm/harsh ride and noisy cabin and loud interior on the highway. The buzz of the 4 cyl engine And the OE tires needed replacing shortly after the first year and the factory radio was just terrible.

Oh, and there's more but, I can't remember all of the complaints she had but couldn't wait to get rid of the HONDA. IDK that she had any serious issues with the Accord but she said it was just a terrible car to drive! And also, IDK what she got for her trade-in(since Honda's carry a high resale value) but, she went back to BUICK.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by Audios
Jerry Lundegard says youre gonna want that undercoating....

Fargo

That was a Ciera
smile.gif

I still see a ton of these old A-bodies on the roads. This is a nice, clean example. I wouldn't mind having it in my garage.

I can't or won't call them A -bodies. Heresy! I don't know why GM did that on a modfified new unit body!

That A and B body designation is reserved for the older full-frame intermediates of the 60's and 70's.

I'm just a classic gm guy or REAL gm guy I guess.

Ill go with W or modified X - or just ignore designations on gm unitbody cars Altogether.

Except for the absolutely terrible Ford Fox body. Man those are junk chassis - unless you are going just straight and not turning.

Congrats ! Great looking car... one of my favorite body styles .

We had a fleet of dealership rentals back in the early 90s , mostly 93-95 Buick Century's with the V6s only had one with the 2.2 .

Always loved the way they rode and drove.

Originally Posted by MuzzleFlash40
Thanks everyone, I'm excited to have it, and feels good to keep it in the family. As popular as they once were, it's like driving something "different" now lol.

The 2.2 & 3sp is just fine around town and cruises down the highway great. But goes nowhere in a hurry when you push it, and it absolutely does not like to be revved. But that's ok. I enjoy driving it, and will do so a couple days a week.

I love looking down the hood and see the buick hood ornament while driving. Though not a large car it sure cruises down the road like one.

I rode in a couple including a taxi and I was impressed with how they felt similar to a bigger car.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I have a good & positive story about these GM cars.

Back in the early 90's, a lady that I worked with drove these types of GM cars, mostly BUICK's all her life and never a 4 cyl. She had been hearing a great deal about HONDAs and how good of a car they were. Lots of folks we worked with were switching to HONDAs(and Toyotas too) mainly due to having many issues with their domestic vehicles however, this lady wasn't one of them. She never really had any serious issues with her BUICKs.

For her next car, she went out and bought a new HONDA Accord LX(1990-'91) and absolutely hated the car after the first year. She complained about so many things with her HONDA that all of our co-workers were astonished, especially since they were having such great success with theirs.

This lady wasn't a complainer. As the matter of fact, you'd have a hard time finding a more positive person to work with. Just some of the things that I can remember about her complaints with her Accord:

She hated the hard seats, the firm/harsh ride and noisy cabin and loud interior on the highway. The buzz of the 4 cyl engine And the OE tires needed replacing shortly after the first year and the factory radio was just terrible.

Oh, and there's more but, I can't remember all of the complaints she had but couldn't wait to get rid of the HONDA. IDK that she had any serious issues with the Accord but she said it was just a terrible car to drive! And also, IDK what she got for her trade-in(since Honda's carry a high resale value) but, she went back to BUICK.

I drove one of those early 90s accord's about 5 years ago, delivering it back to the owner. I was impressed by how well taken care of it was and it drove well but the seats did suck (I'm also an Oldsmobile owner so I have high standards for seats). The customer eventually sold it to one of our employees after the 3rd defective steering rack was installed. This guy was young and still learning...he ran it low on oil and threw a rod out the block.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
This guy was young and still learning...he ran it low on oil and threw a rod out the block.

attaboy
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back