1993 Porsche 968

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this at the local euro shop. It's not listed in their inventory. Then I noticed the "hold" tag on the wiper blade. The tag seems to have been on there awhile since it's faded. Not sure of the miles but looks to be in mint condition(including the top and interior). It's a manual with Michelin tires. I should have taken all the pics from a lower level like the first one. I thought some people would enjoy seeing this.

IMG_20190811_090247.jpg

IMG_20190811_090225.jpg

IMG_20190811_090206.jpg

Yes, very much so except for the large bird bomb on the trunk. Looks like it may have been there awhile and etched into the paint. That was the only thing I noticed.

Thanks
Originally Posted by wings&wheels
One of the best and most underrated Porsche's, despite the engine being backwards and in the wrong end of the car
laugh.gif

Agreed. Now, how long until some dweeb who can't even spell Porsche pops in and opines on 968 reliability?

I enjoyed my '89 944 Turbo. The 968 was essentially a 944 which was so heavily revised that they changed the nomenclature to 968. It looks like a good example.

Looks good, paint is in better condition than mine it seems. These cars a super fun to drive, I really like mine.
If you are interested in it make sure you know when the timing/balance belt has been changed. Also inspect the battery cables, the one from the alt to the starter and the one from the starter to the battery. Chances are you will see some sections of bare wire as the insulation in these tings just flakes off from age. Cables are NLA but not super difficult to fabricate from off the shelf parts.

Last edited:
Really nice old car.
It seems as though Porsche was going for a 928ish look with this refresh of the 944.
Porsche at one time intended the 928 to replace the 911, but we know how that went.
The back-motor car lives on while only the VW CUV models have the engine up front these days along with the slow selling and heavily depreciating Panamera, a model probably not destined for a long future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back