1992 Isuzu 3.2 DOHC oil/hot issues. Oil recommendations?

I don't know why there is a constant infatuation or usage of conventional VR1.

Went to walmart.... Conventional VR1 quart was $8.50. Synthetic Mobil1 15w50 was $8/qt. Conventional VR1 was $10 more for a 5 quart jug when compared to synthetic Mobil1 15w50 jug.

I see ever thread on every forum mentioning vr1 as a joke. Blind sheep!
I actually went and ordered some VR1 conventional 10W-30 AND a K&N oil filter from AAP because of this comment.

Baaaa

Those are pretty notorious for spinning a bearing if run even moderately low on oil, and they also are know to be oil burners with some frequency.... not the best combination.

By any chance have you checked the oil level right right after the oil pressure dropped?
Obviously yes, it never burns oil unless high rpm highway driving. The newer 3.5 definitely have oil consumption issues, but the early 3.2 not so much.

Obviously yes, it never burns oil unless high rpm highway driving. The newer 3.5 definitely have oil consumption issues, but the early 3.2 not so much.

and the level was normal I presume ruling out things like drain back blockage and so forth.

How hard is it to remove the pan/ get to the oil pump. I feel some exploratory surgery may be in order… I wouldn’t think clattering under warm conditions would be sustainable…

and the level was normal I presume ruling out things like drain back blockage and so forth.

How hard is it to remove the pan/ get to the oil pump. I feel some exploratory surgery may be in order… I wouldn’t think clattering under warm conditions would be sustainable…
Oil pump is on the front of the motor like where a harmonic balancer would be on a traditional old v8. The thicker oil resolves all the issues so far.

Well look at the bright side, when it locks up it will be easier to get it out with a stick...

Coyote Swap?
It’s too narrow in the oil pan on the truck for an LS or coyote swap, but a Northstar v8 bolts right up! Just need to harden the Northstar head studs and gaskets

1992 is an old ride......obvious its a sentimental ride....I understand this, but sometimes its best to move on to something 15 years newer...imho

1992 is an old ride......obvious its a sentimental ride....I understand this, but sometimes its best to move on to something 15 years newer...imho
20230321_170755.jpg

Troopers are cool.

Quitters aren't.

Back