1991 Crown Vic

That's pretty sweet. I had a 1988 crown vic sedan. I did enjoy it. Braking in wet weather wasn't fun though. I slid through an intersection sideways once.

I owned a Mercury Comet and 2 full size Ford , was pleased with them . Dad drove full size Fords for years . The 289 & 302 were great engines . Do not know what the wagon has under the hood .

20.gif

You can see our wild fire going on here in the background of the car pics
lol.gif

Took a glance at the article... that wagon is not just any old Ford wagon, but one that whoever ordered it had outfitted with a few upgrades. Looks like leather seating and the top-of-the-line amplified stereo as shown by the door speakers. And yes, I would drive it. Something about a big old land barge like that just seems cool... ...Ž

The company I worked for back then in the day had several of them. They were extremely reliable vehicles. . At the same time I had a 88 Town Car with the same 302 engine. No issues with it whatsoever. Extremely low maintenance.

Originally Posted by E150GT
That's pretty sweet. I had a 1988 crown vic sedan. I did enjoy it. Braking in wet weather wasn't fun though. I slid through an intersection sideways once.

Correct, you couldn't drive them like you can drive today's cars. Plenty of pre-emptive pumping well before a stop light when wet, and putting some pressure on the drums with your left foot when driving through a puddle to keep the water out. Pop drilled this into me time and time again when I was first driving.

I would take that Ford wagon over the GM clam shells of that era. Atleast that one isn't one of those "woody" wagons with the wood grain wall paper on the sides.

I got rid of my nice 1991 Mercury Marquis a few years ago. I wanted to keep it much longer, but it was relegated to winter duty. Even though I rustproofed it, corrosion was making it very needy for further maintenance. I needed a good winter daily driver, and I already have a hobby car, so off it went.

The car had a good ride with crushed velour seats and the formal roof. I maintained the car from Day 1 when my dad bought it.

Originally Posted by itguy08
I'd rock that. Surprised they were making that body style in 91....

1991 was the last year of that body style, and wagons...

1990 and 1991 all had door speakers, the former dashboard location was no longer available with the new dash.

Should have a EFI 302, but a carbureted 351W might have been available in Canada, or on police package. EFI intake manifold won't fit under the hood on top of the taller 351W block, and I guess the CFI used before 1986 on the 302 cars wouldn't keep up with the demands of the 351W.

Back