1991 Camry cv axel dust cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzu

It is old and has 300,000 miles on it, but I like it for a work car and taking the dog for rides. Besides the clunking old front suspension, the car still feels good and gets about 34mpg HGWY. I have no boat or camper, so this is like a pseudo-fun project that has me in for about $300 in the front end. The car in general is a good driver.

I am replacing front struts, both axles, lower ball joints, control arm/sway bar bushings and outer tie rods right now. Pulling the old axles were hard, especially the passenger side with a mid shaft bearing. I cut that shaft in half to get it out, but when I ordered new ones I threw the old, ripped and leaking grease ones out....along with the inner dust covers by the differential. I thought the new ones came with all the same hardware, but they did not. I can't even find them on ebay.

My question is are they really needed considering I am putting new seals in the differential too? I put the driver's shaft in before I realized I did not have a dust shield on it so I pulled it back out again. I can't imagine doing this all over again at a junkyard to another car that might be more rusty than mine, with no torches used.

If they are needed, I 'll have to do something. Thanks for any advice.

You might have to get them from the wrecker, some will pick the part for you.
Standard Auto Wreckers is near you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back