1975 Kohler K161T Oil around middle stud in block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine: Kohler Model: K161T 7 HP

Application: 1975 Torybilt Horse Model

There is engine oil coming up and around the middle stud threads on the front side of the engine where the block, head gasket and head meet. This stud is one of 3 studs that hold the head in place.

What is the cause and solution?

Thank you in advance with your information.

Originally Posted By: Gravely20G

There is engine oil coming up and around the middle stud threads on the front side of the engine where the block, head gasket and head meet. This stud is one of 3 studs that hold the head in place.

Cause: ???? Solution: New engine or appliance, it's 35 yrs old already....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gravely20G

If I understand the description correctly, you need a new head gasket. Maybe I don't, though. Whatever you do, this is too minor a problem to buy a new engine without some investigation. It's not like you have a hole in the block or something.

Oil seeping up through one of the head bolts? If so it must have gotten drilled a tad too deep. If it's not a major gush and the engine runs fine, I'd pull that bolt, clean it, put of dab of Loctite BLUE on it and reinstall. The blue stuff will seal and can still be removed with ease.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back