1968 Old Mobile Home Vin# Location

Really dumb question, but myself and 3 others dug around under an old mobile home surprizingly in good condition to help locate a vin number. We cannot find one and it is needed to get the proper permits to relocate it. It is a 1968 model as listed on the property record. Cannot even find a brand anywhere.

The nameplate of a mobile home is usually inside, next to the electrical panel.

If that paper label is missing, the unit has zero resale value.

VIN located on tongue. The tongue was removable. Many thrown out or scrapped. Then when need to be moved had to try and find replacement tongue.

Check the laws in that state. Most have restrictions on moving a mobile. Since that is a 1968 model it might not pass muster to start with.

In my state you can turn a mobile home into real estate by turning in the MH title.

Funny as I live in a 1968 mobile home, my vin plate is right next to the front door, underneath the doorbell button. Someone may have removed everything for one reason or another.

Many places it won't even be permittable to be moved being that old, so as said maybe check all the rules out before getting too vested.

Do you have an idea what manufacturer it is? There's a few different mobile home groups on facebook and such that are dedicated to mobile home remodels. A lot of the people in there would be able to help you.

A mobile home that old isn't required to have a title and it is likely there is not a title at all. You wouldn't be able to do a title search through the DMV/ MVD / whatever it is in your state.

Our 2004 Fleetwood mobile home has it under the kitchen sink.

so their old insurance co states it is a 1969 fleetwood .

Woudl anyone know where the tag would be on those?

Back