1967 Green Corvette Convertible

I just seen on TV that Joe Biden owns a green 1967 Corvette Roadster. It looked to be in awesome condition. Pretty cool just thought I would share.

A car he can never drive again.
Why do you say that? It showed him and his wife driving it on TV and it looked like a very recent photo. There are lots of 1967 Corvettes being driven and some on a daily basis. Pride of ownership is worth a lot and maybe he likes to look at it in his garage. When the title is in your name you do not need to justify if you drive it or not. I find your statement to be your opinion only.

“There are a lot of reasons to run for president, but there’s one overwhelming reason not to run for president,” he joked. “I like to get that [Corvette] Z06 from zero to 60 in 3.4 seconds.” Biden

Current and former Presidents are not allowed to drive on public roads due to security concerns.

Who bought it for him?
Does his son drive it?
I looked it up on the internet and his dad purchased it for him in 1967 as a wedding gift. Yes, he let his son drive it on occasion. I think it's really neat that he kept the car for all these years. Think of what that would bring at Barret-Jackson or Mecum. It's a 327 small block with 300 hp and a 4 speed with the brown saddle colored interior. Nice car for sure. I would have to believe it would be driven every once in a while to keep it from getting tired. Old cars do not like to sit without being driven occasionally.

As far as the "He can never drive it again", it's true. Present and former presidents cannot drive on the streets.
I don't care what party the person belongs to, half the people in the country would purposely cause him (her) to be in an accident. Also, think of the lawsuits that could happen if he was ever involved in an accident.
Now maybe he could privately rent out a race track and do some driving on his own without traffic......

Back