195 MPH top speed run in a 2006 Z06 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_0606_sf_2006_chevrolet_corvette_z06_video/

2006 Z06 Corvette top speed down a military runway !!
shocked.gif

cheers.gif

I can believe it. I don't know the difference between that corvette and others, but I had one still pulling away from me at 140 indicated. I was watching the speedo on that video and at 140 it will still climbing nicely. That would be sweet to take one for a drive.

I saw that on another car forum a little bit ago. I was suprised how much it slowed down once in 5th gear though (not saying it's slow by any means)

Those cars absolutely rule. 500 hp is nothing to fool around with, either. I love the fact that it'll do 0 - 60 in first and that the engine has a 7000+ rpm, despite being 7.0 liters in size. There's a LOT of cool technology under that hood, including automatic exhaust cutouts, dry sump oiling, lots of high-tech materials in the engine, all starting at under 70 grand. The only car that comes close to the performance for the price is the Viper, but not at the level of refinement the Z06 has. Man, if I had $70k burning a hole in my pocket + the money to pay the insurance, there would SO be one in my garage.

I will be buying one of those cars one of these years... Ive started puting my pennies away.

I wasnt really a vette fan until this one... I aways respected the car, but thought of others Id rather own... This zo6 has me drooling...

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
I will be buying one of those cars one of these years... Ive started puting my pennies away.

I wasnt really a vette fan until this one... I aways respected the car, but thought of others Id rather own... This zo6 has me drooling...

JMH

I will buy one someday also!!

I still haven't seen one on the road though! I've seen several Z06 Corvettes on car lots and transporters though.

Ive seen a bunch of regular new style (exposed headlights) vettes on the road... Never been close enough to see if theyre Z06 cars.

Man oh man I like them...

JMH

quote:

Ive seen a bunch of regular new style (exposed headlights) vettes on the road... Never been close enough to see if theyre Z06 cars.

Man oh man I like them...

JMH

The new Z06 is easy to spot. They have an air scoop on the hood for the air intake and one on each of the rear fenders to ventilate the rear brakes.

I want one bad! I would have to trade both the TJ and Camaro SS in to be able to afford it though. Maybe in a few years but I have been doing the numbers on a used high mile 02-04 Z06. Their's alot of technology and power for starting at 65K. Tuners have gotten as high as 650rwhp N/A w a cam swap, longtubes and minor head exhaust porting. Cam and header cars seem to be making an average of 550rwhp. I'm waiting on the 0-195 modded car run.

I love the new Z06, but the regular C6 is still an extremely capable car too. In a few years I hope to trade my C5 for a C6. I prefer automatic, and I would drive it everyday like I do with my C5, which leaves the Z06 out of the choice. But believe me, if I won the lottery there would be both a C6 coupe and a Z06 in my garage!

I was just reading the PM article about going cross country in a Z06... and the way they wrote it made it sond that by the time they were across the USA... not even... I think the PA turnpike... the tires were already slick!

Granted it is a super high performance vehicle, but I have to hope they just did a few too many burnouts... and that the tires will last a bit longer...

JMH

quote:

isnt that a lot more $$$? like 120k vs 70ish???

Is it a lot faster or more capable?

JMH

Trying finding a GT for 120K. I've seen them from 150K and up. They have a crazy dealer markup on them at most stealerships.

Stock the cars are sooo even it comes down to the better driver. The GT also makes around 525rwhp stock compared to the Z06's 450rwhp. That alone should show just how **** good the Z06 really is.

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/Corvette/C6 Z06 vs Ford GT.wmv

quote:

I was suprised how much it slowed down once in 5th gear though

Aerodynamic drag really slow a car down as speed increases.

A few years back, a car magazine tested many different exotic cars (Ferrari 512, Porsche 911 Twin Turbo, Lamborghini, Lotus, ZR-1 Corvette, Viper).....and every car was faster from 0-100 MPH compaired to their 100-150 MPH times.

[ May 14, 2006, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

isnt that a lot more $$$? like 120k vs 70ish???

Is it a lot faster or more capable?

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:

quote:

I was suprised how much it slowed down once in 5th gear though

Aerodynamic drag really slow a car down as speed increases.

A few years back, a car magazine tested many different exotic cars (Ferrari 512, Porsche 911 Twin Turbo, Lamborghini, Lotus, ZR-1 Corvette, Viper).....and every car was faster from 0-100 MPH compaired to their 100-150 MPH times.

The still would be with no air resistance. ke=1/2mv^2, so it takes more energy to accelerate a mass from 100 to 150 than it does from 0 to 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back