1937 Alvis Speed 25 Rotella 15W40 1,512 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks real good to me. I think you're on the right track
smile.gif

Popsy - the 1/16/2011 UOA was without MoS2, and I believe I did add before the most recent, but the Moly count on both samples is almost identical. An earlier UOA on a different engine with one can of MoS2 shows Moly at 205

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4074727/Rotella_15W40_2,125_miles_1970#Post4074727

Maybe I didn't add?

Well, considering the boron and Moly levels, I think you forgot to add
wink.gif

I don't know these engines at all, but what about the possible coolant leak? I can't comment much on the results, but it is a beautiful car!

In the latest fill, it definitely has 1 can LM MoS2 and 2 cans LM Motor Oil Saver (MOS), but it might be another 5 years before the next UOA! Oil capacity is 10 quarts!

Strange, then maybe a Blackstone error ?
So, this was a 5 years old fill? Nice! Considering the metallurgy from this era, the carb setup, and no oil filter, I don't think it looks bad, I guess we can't compare with an uoa from a "modern" engine.

Not pressurized coolant system, and technically not thermosyphon as there is a water pump to help it circulate. My 1925 has no water pump and is thermosyphon.

Popsy - believe it's a user rather than Blackstone error. The current fill definitely has the additives, but the previous, which this report covers, probably didn't.

I believe my tag: 1937 Alvis Speed 25 HDEO 15W40 w LM MoS2 is now accurate, but wasn't then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back