'18 F150 2.7L EcoBoost; PUP 5w-30 SN+; 6,200 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fleet truck UOA. This is a regular cab, short bed F150 4x2 that is the supervisor's ride (that's me!). So it tends to see very little weight in the back and a 50/50 mix of highway and city. I drive it pretty hard though. I can't help it. It's a light and nimble little truck with a twin turbo V6.

The first UOA was Motorcraft 5w-30 (SN+/B1 spec), if you're curious.

Interesting note, some other Fords in the fleet (3.7L T250s) also tend to show higher than "average" copper. I have another thread here with some UOAs for that engine if you want to take a look.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I'm currently running PP 5w30 in my 3.5L ecoboost and have another 24L of it, but I also have 10L of PUP sitting on the shelf after getting it on sale.

Seems like it stayed in grade as well.

Neil

Hard to find faults in results like those. Can extend if you so choose.

If that truck has a separate stacked-plate oil cooler like many Ford trucks it likely is shedding some Cu from the brazing material used in the cooler. Harmless and will settle after a while.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
Hard to find faults in results like those. Can extend if you so choose.

If that truck has a separate stacked-plate oil cooler like many Ford trucks it likely is shedding some Cu from the brazing material used in the cooler. Harmless and will settle after a while.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the info. I was wondering where that might be coming from.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Boring but good.

Boring is what I want from all of my UOAs.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back