18 CRV 1.5l, 4885 mi, Honda 0W20

I assume this is Honda 0W20 full synth as the oil change was done at the dealer in early November of 2020. But looking at another UOA:
this UOA doesn't look like the same oil. Unless they are different formulations of Honda oil. Regardless, this oil was changed with the OLM almost to 20%. We had been driving about 720 miles since it changed to 30% and historically we've gotten 400-850 miles per 10% on the OLM depending on how much highway driving is done. I would guess if the OLM displayed in single digits, it would've been at about 21-22%. The 2.2 TBN seems to match up fairly closely to the OLM this time around. I'm not sure I agree with Blackstone's 7k mile recommendation, but 6000 miles seems doable.

We live in a small town, so lots of short (<3 mile) trips, but we do take it on 50+ mile highway drives to the big city several times a month.

The sample was taken about 45 minutes after a 20 mile drive. Car is driven almost exclusively in ECO mode. We did an experiment with 91 octane fuel for a few tanks during this OCI to see if it had any effect on fuel economy. It did not.

Oil level did not rise on the dipstick. That combined with 0.8% fuel and not terribly low flashpoint tells me we're doing something right (or just lucky) with this engine. We replaced the oil with M1 EP 0W20. VOA here:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/m1-ep-0w20-sp-voa.345267/
and a Fram Ultra XG7317. We'll take it 5-6k miles (typically as much as we drive in a year) and report back. I think for the next oil change, we might try M1 AFE 0W30. We'll be officially out of warranty by then, so any concerns about out-of-grade oil will be moot.
18 CRV 090221.png

With the oil dilution problems that Honda's 1.5L TGDI engine is known to have I would not push an OCI too far. I think a 5000-6000 mile interval is good to stick with or down to 15% on the MM.

I assume this is Honda 0W20 full synth as the oil change was done at the dealer
I wouldn't presume they are using Honda-branded oil. They have no obligation to, they only should use an oil that meets Honda's recommendation (API SN ? 0W-20 - that's it).

Oil viscosity is below 20-weight minimum (6.9 cSt), so I’d bet fuel dilution is much higher than Blackstone reports. If you want real fuel dilution figures go to a lab that uses gas chromotography, like Polaris.

Oil is now 0w16, but the engine didn't seem to mind too much. Nevertheless, I think your idea to run M1 AFE 0w30 once it's out of warranty is sound. And agree with Danh to use a different lab to calculate fuel dilution more accurately.

himemsys

I think the key is, wear metals were pretty good, viscosity was just a tad low, and TBN was okay. I'd say 0W-20 is fine for 5k OCI. But like I said, I'll try 0W-30 next time just to see how wear metals compare and where the viscosity ends up.

I think the key is, wear metals were pretty good, viscosity was just a tad low, and TBN was okay. I'd say 0W-20 is fine for 5k OCI. But like I said, I'll try 0W-30 next time just to see how wear metals compare and where the viscosity ends up.
With your driving style & conditions, I don’t think it would make any noticeable difference, because wear is already low, so the engine is happy. It will however add more protection in the event the engine is ran HARD and gets pounded on (Italian Tune-up maybe?).

If you drive around carefully and try to get good gas mileage, I think 0w20 is just fine.

But definitely go thicker. 👍🏻