17 years. Zero trick or treaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears I am 'that guy' on the end of the street most people are avoiding.

I think I've had < 10 knocks @ the door; that include LDS

-Regards

Last edited:
it's more of a location thing and if you in an area where there is housing turnover and new families move into with kids?

If for whatever reason there is no housing turnover in your area, and there are no new families and no kids in your your area, there won't be trick or treaters.

My street used to have no kids, then the owners got old or otherwise moved on, new younger families moved in and there are kids again.

Last edited:
Neighbor goes all out and my wife and I just ran out of candy. Judging by the amount of candy had over 400 kids come by. Started around 5:30 and is still going but crowds are getting thinner.

I had one ring at the doorbell, but after getting off a 10.5 hour shift and not having any candy in the house, I just ignored it. Yes, I'm the Grinch of Halloween

No trick or treaters here. I live at the top of a very steep hill in the hood, and my house is not visible from the road. I'd be surprised if there is much trick or treating at all in this neighborhood, even at the "bottom of the mountain." Might get a crack rock in your candy bag.

In the neighborhood I grew up in, there used to be a lot of trick or treating, but it dropped off in the early/mid 2000s as people rarely move out of that neighborhood and the overall demographic just got older. I remember the street being filled with kids in the 1990s, then when we grew out of it, it just kind of stopped.

Don't feel bad. We only had one here yesterday (they did trick or treat on thurs here) it's pretty much because we are the end of a long street right before a bridge, and pretty far from the next cross street. The long streets get TONS of trick or treaters, but they sadly don't come down this far D:

The only one that came by came by in a car too. I did decorate this year. Oh well.

We do a "Trunk or Treat" at Church where members of the congregation come and decorate their cars and hand out candy in the parking lot. We probably had 600 kids tonight, (not counting parents). I cooked 380 hot dogs and ran out! It was a blast!

My parents house is about a half a mile off the road. Every year my mother buys candy. Every year, no one shows up. Every year, I eat all the candy during November and December. It's a tough job.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
We do a "Trunk or Treat" at Church where members of the congregation come and decorate their cars and hand out candy in the parking lot. We probably had 600 kids tonight, (not counting parents). I cooked 380 hot dogs and ran out! It was a blast!

My parents house is about a half a mile off the road. Every year my mother buys candy. Every year, no one shows up. Every year, I eat all the candy during November and December. It's a tough job.
: dem feels bro
I-know-that-feel-bro-blank.jpg

Teachers should drop STRONG HINTS to students that Trick or Treating should be for kids 10 and younger.

They can handle being told that the little ones are cute and that things come to an end.

I just "manned" my sister's house and said hello too all the kids as they came up.

The little ones are cute and the big ones are ugly. Kira

Never any trick or treaters here either. Maybe because the house is in a woods and looks haunted.. and has a gate over the driveway?
confused.gif

Up until last year, we had two small grizzly bears as pets too. People use to think those bones were from the pet store..

Was out with my 7and 9yo boys. Up pulls a Delorian, with a couple of folks dressed as the professor and Marty McFly. The swing open the doors and hand the boys some candy. Awesome. Probably running a Dino 10w30. Will try to post a picture later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back