17 GTI, Motul 505.01/502 5W40, 5,925 OCI, 10,912 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always run the OF for two oci’s. 20+k for the Fit using a FramUltra. Do some research. oF’s become more effective as they load-up a bit. Most filters can run two OCI’s easily.

Originally Posted By: swaggerwagon
For reference- My last UOA

My last UOA on my 15 GTI, APR Stage 1.

- You can tell I lost viscosity, no matter the oil. This is my third VAG. Had a 2.0 FSI that ran through oil.

My last UOA

Castrol Edge 5W40 is POS.
It is cheapest Euro oil that Castrol offers for Euro vehicles.
I used it briefly in Passat B5.5 1.8T and at 4K hydro lifters would start to get noisy. Once I switched to Castrol 0W30 everything was fine.
I would not put Castrol 5W40 in my Tiguan if someone paid me.

Originally Posted By: oliveoil
I always run the OF for two oci’s. 20+k for the Fit using a FramUltra. Do some research. oF’s become more effective as they load-up a bit. Most filters can run two OCI’s easily.

I heard they are becoming like French vine.

Hello everyone,

Another UOA of my 2017 GTI. Oil level has been right at the full mark the entire time. Oil Used was Motul X-cess 5W-40

This OCI includes the following:

My typical commute described in the first post of this thread.

ECU was reflashed at 16,661 miles. I had a professional tuner recalibrate the ECU via E-tuning. This consisted a handful of WOT data logging as requested by the tuner. The logs were sent to him for review, he does his magic and sends me another ECU file. about 6 or 7 revisions where made until the tune was finalized. I don't know what my HP and TQ levels are. I am guessing my tune is equivalent to Unitronic's Stage 2 ECU tune. I also had the DSG transmission tuned to better handle the increase in engine output.

Countless amount of grin inducing WOT bursts from the new found power.

I know I said in my previous post that I will wait until my warranty expires before I start modifying the car. Well, promises are meant to be broken. Hehehe

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back