17' Accord Sport, CVT UOA 10183 mi on sample

They got the year long as it's a 2017 but they entered 2015. Car bought at 32k and fluid was changed with OEM the day I bought and then again at 40,000 miles. That has been where I began use Castrol Transmax. Started using the BG 303 additive around the 90,000 mile mark. Fluid is always Castrol Transmax w the BG additive and is changed with every oil change or every other.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-03-30-07-49-44.jpg
    Screenshots_2022-03-30-07-49-44.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 72
So are you changing the cvt fluid every or every other oil change?
I bought my 17 Accord Sport SE used with 29K miles, did a drain/refill with Honda HCF-2 around the 30K mile mark. Then I started looking around for other cvt fluid and settled on amsoil universal cvt fluid, bought a case and did a 3X drain and refill with a 12 mike drive in between at 32K miles. Now have 61K miles and will do a drain/refill this summer.

I use the Castrol cvt fluid in her 2015 Altima

Edit: I saw your other post in a different thread, you change around 10K. Wish I would have found all that on clearance

Last edited:
So are you changing the cvt fluid every or every other oil change?
I bought my 17 Accord Sport SE used with 29K miles, did a drain/refill with Honda HCF-2 around the 30K mile mark. Then I started looking around for other cvt fluid and settled on amsoil universal cvt fluid, bought a case and did a 3X drain and refill with a 12 mike drive in between at 32K miles. Now have 61K miles and will do a drain/refill this summer.

I use the Castrol cvt fluid in her 2015 Altima

Edit: I saw your other post in a different thread, you change around 10K. Wish I would have found all that on clearance
Yeah just drain and fill with Castrol Transmax CVT and BG CVT Plus 303. Will eventually use the HotShots Transmission additive as it has a Group V in it and my dad bought a couple of gallons and got ten percent off and free shipping. It's starting to get too hard to buy BG products online and I refuse to go to the shops plus I can go to about any Honda dealership in Kansas City on Saturday and get it done. The Hotshots customer service supervisor spent a lot of time with me. So thats where I am at

Genuinely curious why you guys aren't using easily available and relatively inexpensive Honda HCF-2?
I originally did a drain and refill with 4 quarts of hcf-2 around 30K miles (bought car used with 29K) and started looking for different alternatives for cvt fluid. I seen castrol, valvoline and then saw amsoil universal cvt fluid and wanting the “best” cvt fluid and probably falling for the hype had something to with it, decided to go with that.
I know their ss line of oils is good (motor oil and cvt fluid are two different things I know) I did a 3X drain and refill with around a 12 mile drive between each one around 32K miles ( yes I know I just changed it less than 2000 miles precious 🤦‍♂️ )

I believe I mentioned it on either the Honda Accord forum or maybe in a comment on YouTube that I probably could and should have just stuck with the hcf-2 fluid. Now I’m kinda stuck with having to buy the amsoil fluid in advance and waiting for it to get delivered etc…. And that I’m sure I would have been just fine with doing 25-30K mile change intervals with the Honda fluid like I’m going to do with the amsoil cvt fluid.

I had messaged molakule and just asked his opinion on the amsoil cvt fluid and he said it appears that I want longevity out of my cvt and I said yes and that it is a good fluid, but he recommended the 25-30K mile drain and fill intervals so that is what I’m going to do.

I guess the short answer is I wanted the “best” cvt fluid

Back