16K on Mobil 1 M1-102A oil filter

4WD

$50 site donor 2024
10k+6k runs on 2014 Fusion … great shape …
And the PF63E has 5k … all good too …
8ED36119-5888-4E9C-B6A8-BBAD4EE77067.jpeg

Filter looks great. I like the placement is almost like on my Jeep as far as easy to remove. I used to have an S-10 Chevrolet Blazer that had an easy to remove filter similar to yours.

The easiest vehicle I've ever owned for OCs. And with it's ground clearance I don't even have to use ramps or jack it up.

I keep a small plastic cup with a bungee cord on it that I place around the drain collar.

View attachment 36275
View attachment 36276
The easier way is to just punch a hole in the top of the filter and let it drain for 30 min while draining the engine. I've done that on my Tacoma for years and it works great - zero oil mess when removing the filter. Use to do that on my RX-7s also.

The easier way is to just punch a hole in the top of the filter and let it drain for 30 min while draining the engine. I've done that on my Tacoma for years and it works great - zero oil mess when removing the filter. Use to do that on my RX-7s also.
I loosen the filter before doing anything else. By the time I get around to removing it....it's completely empty

The easiest vehicle I've ever owned for OCs. And with it's ground clearance I don't even have to use ramps or jack it up.

I keep a small plastic cup with a bungee cord on it that I place around the drain collar.

View attachment 36275
View attachment 36276
That’s a Tacoma, right? On mine the tiny drain port became clogged with dust and debris and it overflowed rather than drained. I had to push a thin rod though to clean it. Something to watch out for.

That’s a Tacoma, right? On mine the tiny drain port became clogged with dust and debris and it overflowed rather than drained. I had to push a thin rod though to clean it. Something to watch out for.
Yes....'15 4.0

I'm not sure whether I love or hate this filter location... :unsure:
Same location on my 2005 Tacoma. I really like it there, super easy to change. Just punch a hole in the top and let it drain hot for 20 minutes while getting ready for the oil change and it won't make any oil mess when removed.

Back