16K on Mobil 1 M1-102A oil filter

But what stops oil from running onto the engine with a filter change?
There's a catch basin below the filter with a nipple so you can catch any oil that drips down out of the filter - see last photo in Post #9. But as mentioned, just punching a hole in the top of the filter while hot and letting it drain 15~20 minutes makes it a clean filter removal.

It amazes me thats 16K and the filter looks nearly new, yet some here can't stand the idea of a 10K run (5K oil change X2 ) on a filter.

What engine is this? Everyone makes a big deal about the ADBV but most people don't have engines where it really matters, this being the exception.

The ADBV matters regardless of the filter orientation. There is always oil in galleries above the oil filter, except for those engines where the filter is located on top of the engine.

That's a great location . I retired from full time work the end of August and went to work part time at a quick lube in the pit and tried it for 4 days . Some cars are a SOB where they put filters . I didn't like it , oil was super hot , skin was constantly getting burned and the last straw was when I removed the oil plug and didn't have the catch tub quite in the right place.....got my crotch soaked with hot oil right thru to my undies . That was enough!:LOL: Things have changed a lot since my days as an auto tech back in the 70's into the late 80's.

... the last straw was when I removed the oil plug and didn't have the catch tub quite in the right place.....got my crotch soaked with hot oil right thru to my undies .
Worse than a hot cup of McDonald's coffee in the crotch ... :oops: :D

Back