16 sonata no drivers headlight ( Hyundai techs?)

16 sonata bulb good, wiring looks good,nothing burned, loose or corroded.it only has high beam fuses and doesn't seem to be multi switch.i asked on Hyundai site and getting nothing.its my fiancees best friends car and they want 130 to diagnose.

i don't know if the deadlights on that are relay or computer module controlled on that car. Relays tend to do things like these. Are you getting power to the pins on the fuse. Are the headlights automatic or no. i know that issues with the ambient light sensor can cause issues on some cars. lucky have had 0 with my old trucks that have them.

The only fuses are for the high beams the pass low beam works i switched the bulbs and nothing it has automatic lights but you are able to turn them on with the multi switch i dont know what to even tell the woman. Maybe replace the relay but what if that doesnt work

there's an issue with the adaptive lights on the i40, but I'm not sure how related those lights are to the sonata. They have a slightly different shape at least. If it has adaptive ligts (there's an iris that opens and closes behind the lens) it would be good to check the connector on the light.

No hid the wiring and connector is fine both like new.From what i saw online the relays are not the same the plug ins are different no specific headlight relay is listed just multi relays.

Wonder if it is like the Chryslers where the relays are embedded with the fuse block...TIPM?? or something like that...

Why would a relay power one side and not the other was my thoughts.this is posted on a Hyundai forum and the only thing i get is people asking me if the bulb is good lol.the car is a pos has had the engine replaced out of warranty and numerous other issues she is a young mom just trying to help.other than start throwing parts like relays or multi switch i have no clue

I would start with the basics - use a 12 V test light to check for voltage at the connector, and (assuming there's no voltage there), work backwards from there.

Do both high beams work OK?

Given that it's only the one light, a wiring schematic will show you what the two light circuits have in common, and where they diverge.

High beams are fine somebody chimed in on Hyundai forum

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-120119.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-120119.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 24
Why would a relay power one side and not the other was my thoughts.this is posted on a Hyundai forum and the only thing i get is people asking me if the bulb is good lol.the car is a pos has had the engine replaced out of warranty and numerous other issues she is a young mom just trying to help.other than start throwing parts like relays or multi switch i have no clue

If you don't know how to test circuits with a test light, or a volt meter, then you should let your fiance's friend spend the $130 in order to get the problem diagnosed and corrected by a professional.

It could be as simple as a bad ground that needs to have corrosion cleaned up, and will cost nothing to fix.
Or you may need to replace that part that your Hyundai forum mentioned.
Or you might just need to repair a broken wire, or replace a fuse in the fuse block that burned out.

There are many, many, many videos by South Main Auto that will give you the proper way to diagnose the system, if you have the tools and patience to diagnose the system yourself, but only you can determine if you have the tools and skills needed to figure it out.

BC.

Back