'16 F150 5.0 127.5k mi / Valvoline EP 5W30 UOA 7.9k mi

First UOA on my truck. Thought I'd share.
Ran Valvoline EP 5W30 with Fram Ultra for 7,900 miles. No make-up oil added.
Replaced with Valvoline EP 5W30 and a Wix (Wally World was out of Fram's). We'll see if I go 10K on this OC or not and share that report after.

Ford 7-27-22 Oil Report.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is the second report I’ve seen recently on this Valvoline flavor where the TBN was on the low side during a normal OCI. I know it’s not marketed as an extended drain oil, but I kinda expected it to hold up better than this.
That being said your wear numbers look nice, so it did it’s job regardless.

@ThatNavyGuy I'll go along with that.

Look at the moly! Likely has something to do with the great wear numbers.

I don't believe Valvoline makes an "extended drain" oil.

I think this is the second report I’ve seen recently on this Valvoline flavor where the TBN was on the low side during a normal OCI. I know it’s not marketed as an extended drain oil, but I kinda expected it to hold up better than this.
That being said your wear numbers look nice, so it did it’s job regardless.
It had almost 8k miles on it. 1.9 is definitely more than adequate for a non-extended drain oil.

It had almost 8k miles on it. 1.9 is definitely more than adequate for a non-extended drain oil.
Point taken, but I do 7500 mile runs using M1 AFE or PP in my Coyote engine and the TBN is usually in the low 3 range.

If I'm not mistaken, the cSt viscosity @ 100 degs C starts out around 10.7 for this this Valvoline EP 5W-30 oil. So, it's down about 0.9 cSt over 7900 miles. It lost between 8 and 9-percent of its likely original viscosity. It did stay in-grade ... I believe this is a selling point Valvoline touts concerning this EP oil.

Your wear numbers are fantastic @ 7900 miles, decidedly better than the average Coyote engine after only 5500 miles.

I wonder how the other mentioned oils do in comparison?

Last edited:
Point taken, but I do 7500 mile runs using M1 AFE or PP in my Coyote engine and the TBN is usually in the low 3 range.
Since getting the report back in July, 7,500 miles is probably all I will do on an OCI anymore. Don't really feel the need to stretch an OCI out as long as I can anymore since I ditched Amsoil. I think EP could make it 10K, but my engine is getting older, almost 150K with 6,000+ hours, and plan to keep it for the long haul. Looks like 7,500 is a good stopping point, but figure I will compare numbers after another 7,500 miles to get a better idea. Two or three oil changes a year isn't going to break my bank account.

this is good oil I would not go pas 5k on it, I have it in my wife's cherokee 3.6 v6 and right at the 7500 mark the engine start to sound rough as hell, change the oil at the dealer with pennzoil and the engine start purring like a kitten again....., I now have this oil in my gm truck and im getting ready to dump it at 3k,,,,

Back