15W40 vs 20W50

The friction level testing is suppose to be done per an official test standard/procedures by the company (or they have it done by an appropriate certified test lab with the specified test equipment) who wants to register the oil with JASO. An oil company just can't call up JASO and say "Hey, our oil meets the JASO friction test specs you call out, so register our oil and here's some cash". It's a bit more formal than that. JASO will not register without verified test data done per their test requirements.
Translated... JASO does not test... they register oils for $365.00 a pop...

You and Bonz ought to copy their money making scheme and register shift quality oil verification under the name BSMF... no testing data required...

Last edited:
Translated... JASO does not test... they register oils for $365.00 a pop...

You and Bonz ought to copy their scheme and register shift quality oil under the name BSMF... no testing required... just send us money...
I never said JASO does the testing. What part of JASO needs verified friction test data results per their test specification in order to be registered don't you understand? 😂

Last edited:
What part of JASO needs verified friction test data results per their test specification in order to be registered don't you understand? 😂
JASO needs to test to verify data because someone could just say "Hey, our oil meets the JASO friction test specs you call out, so register our oil and here's some cash"

JASO needs to test to verify data because someone could just say "Hey, our oil meets the JASO friction test specs you call out, so register our oil and here's some cash"
Now you're making stuff up. I never said that "JASO needs to test," like in your quote. Go back and read post #40 again.

Yes, I know all about this information in your repeated postings. Have you actually read all the JASO documents about the process to have an oil registeted by JASO? The links to the documents have been posted many times in this forum.

The friction level testing is suppose to be done per an official test standard/procedures by the company (or they have it done by an appropriate certified test lab with the specified test equipment) who wants to register the oil with JASO. An oil company just can't call up JASO and say "Hey, our oil meets the JASO friction test specs you call out, so register our oil and here's some cash". It's a bit more formal than that. JASO will not register without verified test data done per their test requirements.
^^^ My post #40.

Read the bolded part carefully, and don't be making stuff up. Not appreciated in the least.

How do you suppose someone who wants to register an oil that meets the three diffetent friction specs outlined by JASO is going to prove it? Oh yeah, by testing on equipment that measures those parameters.

Capture+_2022-05-23-00-35-18-1.jpg

The guy that I bought our 96 sportster from is an old Harley mechanic,,,20w50 is his fav. He uses Harley oil and other 20w50 brand names now,,,I use a blend of Castro 20w50 for top off oil,,,has not blown my engine yet,,,its a low mileage ,24k miles now on that old engine,,guess what my Harley has never leaked oil,,imagine that,lol

How do you suppose someone who wants to register an oil that meets the three diffetent friction specs outlined by JASO is going to prove it?

JASO registration fee is $365 times 1,537 JASO approved oils = $561,000 profit... $0.0 proof testing expensive...
100DollarBills1.JPG

JASO registration fee is $365 times 1,537 JASO approved oils = $561,000 profit... $0.0 proof testing expensive...
View attachment 101189

You think anyone is going to provide a service like JASO registration for free? Geeeez ... would you? 😄 Ever here of administration costs? What kind of stuff are you going to make up today?

It's up to the company wanting to have their oil registered with JASO to spend the money to get all the required testing and spec data submitted to JASO to prove it meets JASO specs (as outlined in JASO documentation) before it becomes registered. Have you ever read JASO T 903?

You're so adamant that you need test data proof that something is real ... have you ever seen any of the required friction testing on the non-JASO oil you're using? So you simply conclude that it's fine because your human senses can't detect any clutch slippage, but you flame anyone who claims they can feel a distinct difference in shift quality when they change their oil. Where did you buy your one-way glasses, lol.

Last edited:
You think anyone is going to provide a service like JASO registration for free? Geeeez ... would you? 😄 Ever here of administration costs? What kind of stuff are you going to make up today?

It's up to the company wanting to have their oil registered with JASO to spend the money to get all the required testing and spec data submitted to JASO to prove it meets JASO specs (as outlined in JASO documentation) before it becomes registered. Have you ever read JASO T 903?

You're so adamant that you need test data proof that something is real ... have you ever seen any of the required friction testing on the non-JASO oil you're using? So you simply conclude that it's fine because your human senses can't detect any clutch slippage, but you flame anyone who claims they can feel a distinct difference in shift quality when they change their oil. Where did you buy your one-way glasses, lol.

You think I should answer all your questions for free???

You think I should answer all your questions for free???

No, I think you oughta stop answering questions at all. You don't answer questions, you regurgitate information that has been laughed off the face of this forum. Somehow think you are doing a favor to some poor lost soul who might wander into your woods one day. But you do own a real cool bike that seems to be a way to meet girls based on the pictures.

Back