15W-40 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant

Assuming there is no negative consequences to using diesel oil in a gasoline engine, I have found several 15W-40 oils that are available in my area. Please comment on what you think is the best oil. The price is not a big factor as the prices varies from $4.44 for the Castrol to $6.17 for the Chevron in the gallon containers. The Phillips oil is more expensive and available only in the quart containers.
ºChevron Delo 400
ºShell Rotella
ºMobil Delvac 1300
ºCastrol RX Super
ºPhillips HD II
ºPennzoil LL

[ November 30, 2003, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: ant ]

Hi,
in Australia, Castrol RX Super has an excellent reputation in the Trucking Industry. Mnay say it is the best product available

I can only say the same as mineral oils go - it is an excellent product!

Regards

Ant:

Try going to the VOA forum and doing a search for "15W-40". You'll find VOAs for just about all the oils you mentioned, plus quite a few more.

Most on here would probably go with either the Pennzoil LL, Mobil Delvac or Chevron Delo 400. I'll throw in my two cents for Valvoline Premium Blue, which probably has the best additive package of any Valvoline conventional oil (not that that's saying much).

I like the moly in the Pennzoil, but the reputation around here is that Pennzoil and QS cause sludge in short order.

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:
Pick any one that meets SL and CI-4. Personally, I would choose the Delvac 1300 or the Delo.

Same here
smile.gif

"I like the moly in the Pennzoil, but the reputation around here is that Pennzoil and QS cause sludge in short order."

No.
mad.gif

That's the (unfounded) reputation elsewhere.
tongue.gif

We are smarter than that.
smile.gif

My picks are Pennzoil #1, Chevron Delo400 #2.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back