15k mile oil change intervals on BMW's are not enough - see pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Cary:
Someone commented that a good PAO oil would not have sludged up like that. The US BMW labled Synthetic oil is a group III hydrocracked oil, not a PAO.

I'm not completely convinced that this is exclusively due to the group III thing. I've seen sludge/varnish with M-1 5-30 use too. Meanwhile, Mori has shown pics of his Audi's spotless engine using Syntec 5-50 with 10k OCI's.

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:
"He told me they (Ford) did not make the bed of the truck, a private company did. "

so what rock have you been hiding under? Subcontracting has and will be a way of life (in USA, Germany and especially JAPAN) for eons.

and venturing way OT.....

Blackwood? what a joke. It's a good thing they did subcontract that part, they sold less than 5k iirc.

Ford/Mercury Marketing Plan:

Let's take a Ford Pinto and double the taillights and call it a Mercury Bobcat.

Let's take a Ford Granda and double the taillights and call it a Lincoln Versailles.

Let's take a Ford Explorer and double the taillights and call it a Lincoln Navigator.

your turn:

Let's take a Ford_________and double the taillights and call it a Lincoln/Mercury __________.

Mustang/Capri..
Freestar/Monterey..
Cavalier/Cimmaron.. OOPS, wrong side of Detroit
smile.gif

Did the owner have an angry ex wife? I got a customer Porsche that looked similar once...I believe she used Crisco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back