156mph in a Dodge Charger..

Ok I saw this out of Lansing, Michigan.. Guy in a 2020 Dodge Charger was stopped by the MSP for doing 156mph on I-496 in Downtown Lansing! I guess the limiter was removed? Wow.. guess he was late for an appointment? :LOL:

Fastest I’ve been in a Charger was 135 chasing a U-2 down a runway. I was a passenger.
BD3F3371-0539-4DE3-A824-C047F2635B3C.jpeg
D54F46D4-2CDF-47F6-BF03-E87215AA03C1.jpeg

Misdemeanor? That goes beyond reckless and it has a high probability of killing someone.
Probability isn’t a crime, at least it shouldn’t ever be. Almost everyone would be in prison for some reason if probability of injury was criminal. Charging people on probabilities leads to some Minority Report crap that ends up with innocent people behind bars.

Not condoning this guy’s speeding in any way, but if he didn’t actually harm someone… give him a ticket and be on your way. License points and/or suspension is another avenue.

Probability isn’t a crime, at least it shouldn’t ever be. Almost everyone would be in prison for some reason if probability of injury was criminal. Charging people on probabilities leads to some Minority Report crap that ends up with innocent people behind bars.

Not condoning this guy’s speeding in any way, but if he didn’t actually harm someone… give him a ticket and be on your way. License points and/or suspension is another avenue.
Many states now have a 20-30 over the limits is a felony. West Virginia treats 25 over the same as a dui or reckless driving.

There are so many flaws in this rationale it’s hard to know where to begin. So building a bomb and placing it in a school is ok if it doesn’t actually go off and hurt someone? Why are there speed limits at all? It’s because the faster you go the more likely you are to harm yourself or someone else. At some point, that likelihood becomes probable and if someone I love was killed by some jackbutt intentionally going 150mph on a public road I hope they rot in jail for the rest of their lives. If they're caught by police I hope it's a felony.

Last edited:
I'll admit to a strange, time-killing fascination with the Arkansas State Police chase videos on Youtube. In the last one I saw, they were chasing a Charger. He was really walking away, and the cop car seemed to keep topping out at 141 by the GPS. They caught him when the car ended up on its roof. I know I have seen others where the patrol Charger hits 150 or 151 at least.

I was in detroit and it was pretty crazy the drivers and diverseness of the vehicles.

got tons of hoopties going 90 no lights all beat up falling apart..
then super nice cars... a few going going 55 even more going 100+ in the fast lane in a gang of 10cars or more.
pretty wild.

There are so many flaws in this rationale it’s hard to know where to begin. So building a bomb and placing it in a school is ok if it doesn’t actually go off and hurt someone? Why are there speed limits at all? It’s because the faster you go the more likely you are to harm yourself or someone else. At some point, that likelihood becomes probable and if someone I love was killed by some jackbutt intentionally going 150mph on a public road I hope they rot in jail for the rest of their lives. If they're caught by police I hope it's a felony.
For being a smart guy, you sure didn’t read what I wrote.

But your response confirmed what I thought about your initial post. Have a good night 👍🏻

Back