15% off K&N motor oil

Yes, it is over priced, but if you were considering trying K&N motor oil out, now wouldn't be a bad time to bite the bullet to provide some info for the rest of us! :)

15% off coupon is in this link:

Haha we need guinea pigs so be positive! And yes $30 a gallon (not even 5 quarts 🤦‍♂️) so 25.50 after the 15%. Or $6.37 a qt like @Ignatius said
So if someone was going to be a guinea pig and "test" the oil, how would we do that in order to determine it is worth the additional cost compared to any other oil carrying the same API license? To be specific, if I wanted to compare it to Supertech at less than half the price how would I do that?

What would give an indication it is better?

JonnyAbs

So if someone was going to be a guinea pig and "test" the oil, how would we do that in order to determine it is worth the additional cost compared to any other oil carrying the same API license? To be specific, if I wanted to compare it to Supertech at less than half the price how would I do that?

What would give an indication it is better?
UOAs?

A virgin UOA could be done to at least see additive content.
Not really. UOA don't actually show additives, they show the decomposed and mostly metallic atoms in the sample.

But even then I guess I'm not able to determine from such a result what the future performance of an oil will be, especially when compared to another oil with the same license or approval. For example if one oil had 200 ppm of molybdenum but another had 240 ppm (or none at all perhaps but 35 ppm of tungsten) can you say that one is somehow better than the other? What about elements and/or compounds that don't show up on the ICP analysis?

The jug looks a lot like Citgo-I wonder if they have any info on it. An “ultra premium motor oil” better have an awfully good PDS! The marketing makes it sound like Red Line!

It's synthomax! It's revolutionary, guys! Cutting edge stuff right here. Nobody has produced anything like this before. OMG!

I wonder what paper pusher got paid to come up with the term "synthomax?"