15' Dodge Journey 2.4L - Amsoil 5w20 10k KM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
StevieC,
You drive a lot and your report looks good. With only 6K miles why not extend the OCI to 10-15K miles? Also any oil added? Another 20WT low mileage UOA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
StevieC,
You drive a lot and your report looks good. With only 6K miles why not extend the OCI to 10-15K miles? Also any oil added? Another 20WT low mileage UOA.

This was a sample only... Not changed. Still in the crankcase. Was going to change it but decided just to sample.

I drive a lot for work. This sample was mainly highway driving with about 20% Stop-Go.

The Journey hasn't used any oil so far at this mileage.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: kschachn
I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less.

Maybe. But you KNOW if it was 4 PPM Fe and no other wear metals with another oil, people would be salivating and celebrating. Sweet, come to papa praises!
lol.gif

Then they would be just as wrong to do so as they are with Mobil 1 (since that is the "other" oil you are referring to). You know as well as I do that means exactly nothing. You've never seen me make any kind of statement that it is somehow significant.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
StevieC,

This was a sample only... Not changed. Still in the crankcase. Was going to change it but decided just to sample.

I drive a lot for work. This sample was mainly highway driving with about 20% Stop-Go.

The Journey hasn't used any oil so far at this mileage.
grin2.gif

My bad. Sorry I missed that. Keep us informed as how this is working for your Dodge.

I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less.

Maybe. But you KNOW if it was 4 PPM Fe and no other wear metals with another oil, people would be salivating and celebrating. Sweet, come to papa praises!
lol.gif

They would be just as wrong to do so as they are with Mobil 1 (since that is the "other" oil you are referring to). You know as well as I do that means exactly nothing.

No. I was NOT referring to M1. Wow. Why would you think that? I was actually referring to ANY OTHER OIL. Please, don't ever put words in my mouth.

40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

What about those things I mentioned in my first post in this thread?

Or is this your only response? You seem to retreat when others make reasoned arguments and challenges to your statements, calling them "hate" or pasting in a bunch of silly emoji.

No. I was NOT referring to M1. Wow. Why would you think that? I was actually referring to ANY OTHER OIL. Please, don't ever put words in my mouth.

Oh really? What other oil has shown higher iron numbers in UOAs? I guess I missed those other numbers
wink.gif

My bad. Sorry I missed that. Keep us informed as how this is working for your Dodge.

No worries.
cheers3.gif

40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

What about those things I mentioned in my first post in this thread?

Or is this your only response? You seem to retreat when others make reasoned arguments and challenges to your statements, calling them "hate" or pasting in a bunch of silly emoji.

Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif

Oh really? What other oil has shown higher iron numbers in UOAs? I guess I missed those other numbers
wink.gif

Not sure what you are saying here. 4ppm is like nothing. You can get 4ppm Fe from oil just sitting in the crankcase.

And no I was NOT referring to the years ago supposed high Fe M1 reports, not sure why that popped in your head. Why did it??

Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif

Maybe stop working so hard to increase your already substantial post count and instead answer legitimate questions made about statements you make.

What about all the moisture in the oil, any ideas on how to get that number down? Maybe it wasn't fully warmed up before the sample was taken? Thank you.
smile.gif

Not sure what you are saying here. 4ppm is like nothing. You can get 4ppm Fe from oil just sitting in the crankcase.

And no I was NOT referring to the years ago supposed high Fe M1 reports, not sure why that popped in your head. Why did it??

You know why it did, it is the same reason it does in everyone else's head when iron numbers are mentioned in a thread about various oils.

But if you truly were not referring to it then I underestimated your knowledge of this board. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What about all the moisture in the oil, any ideas on how to get that number down? Maybe it wasn't fully warmed up before the sample was taken? Thank you.
smile.gif

No I made sure on this sample that it was after a long drive before returning home. The oil temperature on my driver info center said it had hit full operating temperature. I think this might just be the breathing system. I'm going to look into the PCV not doing a through enough job. I could do a UOA on my mom's Journey with the same engine for comparison.

It doesn't worry Terry so it doesn't worry me. Just not ideal is all.

wink.gif

Pablo, would be nice if we could exclude certain users from threads.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Actually no, the problem is that there are a number of very good oils available even at Walmart. The distinction is lost unfortunately. Can you make a technical argument that (for example) Castrol 0W-40 available at nearly every Walmart for around $4.60 a quart is inferior to any Amsoil offering?

And again there is that word hate, completely unnecessary in this thread.

I don't come down on any side of the Amsoil argument, but I don't understand this train of thought that is prevalent on here regarding results from Amsoil.

The argument formula is this: user posts UOA with Amsoil. Another user posts a statement along the lines of "you probably could've gotten those results with any oil. OP responds with their reasoning (usually subjective/anecdotal). User then responds with varying messages, but all looking for proof of why Amsoil could do this and no other oil could.

Let's remember, this whole debate started on a post that failed to provide any proof that another oil could mirror these results.
I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less. That would be even more money back in your pocket.

Now, could another oil provide these results? Sure. That said, why do we have to get into the pointless debates that start with assumptions made without proof, such as the one above, and then that same person demanding evidence as to why Amsoil is better than any other off-the-shelf brand. This idea that "any brand probably could've done this" is just an existential fallacy in order to start a debate and where nothing is resolved. Those who like and use Amsoil will continue to do so and others will continue to say "no doubt it's a good oil" and choose other, cheaper options. I think we can avoid the debate and just go our separate ways here.

lol.gif

You mean ones that read what you say and ask you about it? Those users? The ones who ask you again about it when you refuse to answer and instead post goofy icons and call them haters?

You know why it did, it is the same reason it does in everyone else's head when iron numbers are mentioned in a thread about various oils.

But if you truly were not referring to it then I underestimated your knowledge of this board. Sorry.

First you put words in my mouth. Then you insult me. Hate to say it, but check the mirror.

Because I say 4 ppm Fe and no other wear metals (which is what the UOA reads, right??) - I am somehow, in your mind, referring to M1, and if I'm not, I'm ignorant of BITOG history.

OKAAY.

Wow. Have a good day!

lol.gif

You mean ones that read what you say and ask you about it? Those users? The ones who ask you again about it when you refuse to answer and instead post goofy icons and call them haters?

happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back