$1400.00 for an oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got this from the acura forum.

supposely a lambo countach takes 18 qt of oil at $80.00 a qt. that comes out to $1440.00 for an oil change, and thats just for the oil only.

and:
"the [Ferrari] Enzo’s [uses] special Shell Helix 10W-60 synthetic oil, of which the V-12 requires 12.2 quarts, runs $60 per quart. If a $732 oil change sounds criminal, consider that the factory won’t warrant the engine if you don’t use the oil and estimates the replacement bill at $200,000."

hmmmppffff i get my oil change at walmart for 30bucks with mobile 1 oil + fram filter.

[ June 25, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

You forgot to mention that the Lamborghini dealer will throw in free blinker fluid every other service.
tongue.gif

i wonder whats the oil change interval for that lamborghini...3k...haha. go broke trying to buy the car and paying for insurance, and still you have to buy that oil.

i thought 15 bucks per oil change was alot gee!

If the prices are correct as the bromide goes . If you have to ask the cost you can't afford it. I'm so cheap I would use Redline 20w50 .
dunno.gif

[ June 25, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Steve S ]

quote:

We gotta talk about your mixing M1 with Fram filters. [Roll Eyes]

Any system is only as good as its weakest link. In my opinion the M1 is pretty much a waste if it runs through a Fram. :-\

A Lambo Countach is basically a piece o crap in today's automotive marketplace. You could buy a new Z06 and absolutely drive freakin circles around a Countach for less money brand new than like a 198..something Countach. Sorry, just had to throw that in there cause there was one at a local dragstrip last weekend running15s (this is at 6,000 ft. above sea level). He must have felt like a dumb consumer getting his **** handed to him on a plate by Civics and Integras!!

Hmm, the Countach is an extraordinary car. The '88 LP500 has a top Speed of 182 mph. It goes from 0 - 60 mph 4.9 seconds, and it's a collectible - unlike a Civic or Integra.
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
A Lambo Countach is basically a piece o crap in today's automotive marketplace. You could buy a new Z06 and absolutely drive freakin circles around a Countach for less money brand new than like a 198..something Countach. Sorry, just had to throw that in there cause there was one at a local dragstrip last weekend running15s (this is at 6,000 ft. above sea level). He must have felt like a dumb consumer getting his **** handed to him on a plate by Civics and Integras!!

Obviously this particular Countach was either in a poor state of tune or the owner couldn't drive worth beans (or was babying it). Even at that elevation, I don't think a properly running Countach would do worse than high 13's.

The earlier Countaches weren't too quick though. Running high 13s to low 14s at sea level was normal, so at high altitude I could see them running 15s, especially on a hot day.

The earlier Testarossas were also low 14 second cars. There is a yellow one in my area which I'm dying to pull up against at a stoplight! (my car has run a best ET of 13.74 so I would beat him)

Lambos are status symbols. I think they are junk. How long do the engines really last in those if you drive on them hard? 30,000 miles? If that was the case, I'd never change the oil in it.
tongue.gif

jeez, don't the SRT-4 Neons do 0-60 in 5.0s? That's not a big difference from a sub 20k car...

--Matt

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
The earlier Countaches weren't too quick though. Running high 13s to low 14s at sea level was normal, so at high altitude I could see them running 15s, especially on a hot day.

The earlier Testarossas were also low 14 second cars. There is a yellow one in my area which I'm dying to pull up against at a stoplight! (my car has run a best ET of 13.74 so I would beat him)

Right you are, I stand corrected. A website by the name of Car-Stats.com lists published acceleration figures for just about any car that's been road-tested. The 1982 Countach did the 1/4 in 14.1 and the '86 Countach did it in 13.7. So at 6000', I can easily see one of these getting into the 15's.

1). If someone can afford high six-low seven figures for a car, dropping a couple hundred on an oil change is not likely to be an issue. As a matter of fact the car cost to oil change price ratio for an Enzo is probably better than a Camry.

2). We gotta talk about your mixing M1 with Fram filters.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by CLguy:
i got this from the acura-cl.com forum.

supposely a lambo countach takes 18 qt of oil at $80.00 a qt. that comes out to $1440.00 for an oil change, and thats just for the oil only.

and:
"the [Ferrari] Enzo?s [uses] special Shell Helix 10W-60 synthetic oil, of which the V-12 requires 12.2 quarts, runs $60 per quart. If a $732 oil change sounds criminal, consider that the factory won?t warrant the engine if you don?t use the oil and estimates the replacement bill at $200,000."

hmmmppffff i get my oil change at walmart for 30bucks with mobile 1 oil + fram filter.

[ June 25, 2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: MikeW ]

I thought most bought these cars for the "hey look what I can afford, I got one and you don't" kind of thing. Not like you see them at the local track. Staying ahead of the Jone's so to speak in the rich community.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

Hmmmm....My 02 Z28 ran a [email protected] MPH with only a lid....I have been looking for some of those ultra expensive cars for a lil action, but never seem to come across one. Maybe some day.

Anyway...bringing this post back to oils....Yeah, I use M1
grin.gif

Pshaw! Who cares about 1/4 mile times? Could there be anything less boring or less sporty? :p

I saw a new gun metal grey Lambo in SF a few days ago. I raced him a bit near Cliff House. The poor sob's car was 7 feet wide and he couldn't keep up with my little Audi, due to a lack of maneuverability.
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:

quote:

We gotta talk about your mixing M1 with Fram filters. [Roll Eyes]

Any system is only as good as its weakest link. In my opinion the M1 is pretty much a waste if it runs through a Fram. :-\

I believe that Bob's tests are showing that it is really the other way around. A good performing dino run through an MI is a waste of money (filter side)and effectiveness. I no longer buy the M1 due to the flow issues. Of course, my premise is that oil filters are pretty much useless appendages in a well maintained engine using synthetic oil. I have never had one come close to going into to bypass due to dirt and I have run them out to 10,000 miles, actually, next one is going to 12,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back