"Does not contain grain alcohol" *************
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1224 (1).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Guessing they distill it themselves? I’ve seen their stuff a few places. Last year, at the start of you-know-what, some distilleries switched to sanitizer to meet demand.

Last edited:
I just added part of the label that states it contains no grain alcohol. Must have been refined from oil. Of course federal law prohibits ethyl alcohol to be refined from oil and sold as beverage. No law against refined oil ethyl alcohol being sold as disinfectant.

Learned something today, never realized that ethanol could be made from crude oil-thought it was always distilled from plant stock of some kind.
Yes but not refined from crude oil as the former troll stated. It can be synthesized from an alkene as MolaKule linked, but many things can be synthesized from many other things as long as you're willing to put up with the conversion efficiency and subsequent synthesis energy requirements.

It is cheap to make the concentration, it is not easy to make it taste good, and it is hard to market it and make money.

Dad told me back then hospital ethanol got stolen all the time when booze was hard to come by and expensive.

It is cheap to make the concentration, it is not easy to make it taste good, and it is hard to market it and make money.

Dad told me back then hospital ethanol got stolen all the time when booze was hard to come by and expensive.
One cannot sell for consumption nor should anyone consume any ethanol that was produced by any method other than fermentation. I know people have drank ethanol produced from other methods but it is risky. Even fermentation-produced EtOH that is 200 proof should not be consumed (and is not sold for consumption) since it requires a dehydrating treatment to remove the last 5% of water.

Back