14 Silverado Cat. Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
Originally Posted By: dave1251
First world problems what a waste of time IMO. You have different feelings.

Cool input, dave.
06.gif

OP, I have always had great luck with Magnaflow products.

OK nice use of reinforcement there.

I hated the catback on our 09 Silverado because of the AFM. You could hear the switch over constantly and it droned/vibrated constantly in V4 on the highway. Irritating. I won't be putting one on our 2014.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The world doesn't need any more loud pickup trucks in my opinion...or North Carolina doesn't, anyway. The Dynomax made it sound like the factory exhaust on the '08 Ram we have at work...it's aggressive, and louder than some stock systems, but far quieter than "loud pipes" that many install around here.

Boy have you got that right, every rattle trap PU in the country seems to have a noisy set of duals on it...

You can order a Silverado right from GM with a Borla exhuast on it, supposedly it sounds just fine in 4 banger mode as well.

That's how I would do it, let the factory figure it out.

You can also get very nice spray in bed liners from GM, and from the pictures in the forums they look nicer than the aftermarket ones done in a shop. I suspect the factory preps the bed better and sprays them with robots.

Its amazing what you can get from the factory these days.

Last edited:
The main complaint about guys who have switched exhausts is that it sounds REALLY BAD when in 4 cylinder mode as another poster has mentioned. This is a prevalent problem in the "aftermarket exhaust" sections of the Chevy truck boards.

On stock systems there is a "flap or something" located somewhere in the system that opens or closes (can't remember which) that changes the way it sounds when it 4 cylinder mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back