Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Another battery thread!
33.gif

another helpful post
33.gif

Walmart batteries are pretty good if that is the convenient option.

Yeah, Walmarts are everywhere and they have no problems replacing battery. Just keep your receipt.

Originally Posted By: George7941
Slightly off topic, but someone please enlighten me. Never heard of Group size H6, so I googled it and found that it is a top post battery. Has GM switched over to top post batteries?

I have been happy with the GM side posts because they stay corrosion free.

Yeah, this is a top-post battery. Maybe GM chose this type battery so they could put the battery where it is currently located. Looks like it would be hard to use a side-post battery the way they have the area around the battery configured. So, maybe the choice of top-post was simply for engineering convenience?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: George7941
Has GM switched over to top post batteries?

Lol, where have you been? Just about all GMs 07+ are top post cept for the cargo vans.

OP, if you choose to buy from AZ, you can ask nicely for 10% off. Better odds if you agree to buy the felts and grease pack.

Got the Everlast from WM.
Question - notice the small white sticker (left of red positive box on battery) in pic#1 that says 'Made in China'. I wonder if that indicates the battery case is from China or the entire battery is Chinese. If Chinese, does that tell you anything about who the manufacturer may be?
Observation #1 - Decided to start the battery off with a good full charge, so I hooked up my smart charger to it (4.3A max charge rate). 2.5 hours later the charger is still warm to the touch and it is still in the charge mode. I would have thought it would be in the float mode by now. Wow, guess the battery was thirsty??
Observation #2 - glad I allowed a tech to swap out the battery rather than doing it myself. Looks like lots of busted knuckles and a few curse words trying to finagle the battery out of that tight spot. Note the diagonal brace toward the upper right of the battery.

Last edited:
JCI does make batteries in China, but most of what they sell is made in the US or Mexico, I've seen a Saudi one at a local Wal-Mart.

They are switching some sizes over to the old Delco case design, JCI did buy out Delphi's battery operations and wound them down - their Korean factorys still make the Delco design, they are OEM on Hyundais.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back