13 GS350 13mo extreme short tripper VSP 0w20 5162m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: danielLD

A reference picture of Synthetic vs cellulose media, yes the individual strands are smaller, however the media is hardly perfectly aligned in the Synthetic media as you propose. Still waiting to hear how the impermeable Synthetic media "absorbs" or "filters" fuel out of suspension in the oil.

As I also indicated Wix doesn't make an XP for this application. Here is a screen shot of the vehicle specific application from their website.

Part Number: 57047XP fits the GS350. I did a huge write up on Club Lexus a while back outlining why Lexus did NOT want synthetic filters to be known on certain models. I along with hundreds of other Lexus owners have been running XP filters on GS's,RC's,LS's that supposedly didn't have XP options.

That filter may fit a GS350 but not hers, did you even pay attention to the screen shot of the filter listing for her car? Her filter is significantly longer than the 57047. The correct filter for her car is 57173, which as I've stated now three times isn't offered in an XP.

we're done? didn't know we were a thing LOL. I was done with you a ways back. I don't know how much technical stuff I can hit you with as your statements start off with Glass media can't even filter dirt, etc. If you think a glass media filter can't do anything, how am I to explain to you how it contains the fuel residual trapping it between the fibers?

Did you read? Ah no you didn't. If you had, you would have read that I have put that filter on GS350's and did a lengthy write up on other Lexus models experiencing the same issue. Owners wanted XP but no official option. That filter on a GS350 fits and performs better than the official recommendation.

For anyone else still tagging along, none of the reference material provided uses a Synthetic filter media to remove fuel. One reference uses a vacuum chamber system to remove file and water from the lubricant. All were either layman trade magazine articles or advertisements.

Hardly what I'd expect as definitive proof from an industry leading analyst.

What you're looking for is proprietary first hand knowledge, NO ONE is going to hand out FOR FREE. No one has WRITTEN anything on the subject. Do you think the proprietary work Terry Dyson did for WIX on the XP filter, has ever been made public? Or the study Scott Kegarise did for Exxon will ever be read?

I posted for you to see with your eyes, stuff exists and works. That one article was good and it's from a few years back. Filters contribute to the equation when fighting fuel dilution. I have UOAs backing me against everything you claim. You have, well for layman terms, nothing.

I have done tons of UOAs back to back, no variable changed Except the filter. Every single time, we found the same thing, swap in an XP over a standard Wix and the fuel % by GC dropped. If you want, call Terry Dyson or Scott Kegarise, yourself, and ask what they'd be willing to share on the subject. You will likely find them very tight lipped, willing to only acknowledge certain end results.

Now I see what some were saying about oil shills on this website trying to get competitor knowledge.

Now you're making it sound like I said things I didn't. I never said that a Synthetic media filter can't filter dirt. Not once. Ever. I said that I'd like for you to show or tell me how an impermeable media can remove a liquid or a liquid fraction from a solution. To which you've provided no such proof. If anything the articles you provided prove my point not yours.

As for the oil filter the two part numbers I've provided are about an inch different in length. Not sure how you propose the shorter filter works in a canister application. It certainly isn't a drop in replacement.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

http://cleanoilpower.com/system/

This is a twist but still uses Glass media to capture fuel residuals.

Ummm...they claim that their vacuum dehydrator does the fuel, not the glass media that you are suggesting.

Shannow, that's what I got out of the advertisement as well.

https://www.hyprofiltration.com/products...p;back=Products

Hypro creates some great military grade filters. Look through their site and educate yourself for once.

You are a charmer, aren't you ?

Quote:
Hy-Pro A media water removal elements remove free water from hydraulic & lube oils and fuels down to fluid saturation point. Water removal A media is used in combination with any selection of Hy-Pro DFE rated glass media and is available in any Hy-Pro element configuration.

Again, per my education and experience in big lubricating systems in general, and hydraulics etc.

"removes free water down to the saturation point"...means "free water", i.e. that's moisture that is travelling as "free water"...consider it particles of water...thus they can be filtered out (coalescing usually happens).

Once you get down to the saturation point, they don't do squat to remove any more water.

And fuel is miscible in any percentage in engine oil...0% fuel in oil to 0% oil in fuel, they will pass through any filter, any time...you don't get "free fuel" circulating as essentially particles to be removed.

So the media would have to "absorb" the fuel preferentially over the oil...and glass is about the worst at doing that that there is.

The three links that you proposed "proving" your fuel point to those of us lacking education in your ways.

First mentions all the disadvantages of glass over cellulose...one of them that glass doesn't adsorb stuff.

Second mentions a "vacuum dehydration process" to remove fuel, water and glycol, although at an operating temperature of 193F, and the enormous vacuum that's pulled by air filter restriction (i.e. nearly none), I can't see it doing any better than a simple crankcase breather/PCV...THAT system uses the glass media to remove the particulates...not sure why you would use THAT system to prove your point either.

The last, I've addressed above...even THAT advertisement says...
Quote:
Consider Vac-U-Dry vacuum dehydration systems for removing water and particulate from oil in large reservoirs with periodic water contamination or constant water ingress. V1 mini vacuum dehydrators remove water from small hydraulic & lube systems and gearboxes.

i.e. the glass media doesn't do it.

If you are going to "educate" us, it's usually a good point to start with articles that actually support what you are trying to prove.

Another company using filters to retain fuel residuals out of the oil.

http://shopops1.com/eco-pur/

Ah, the real list continues of real world applications. Something Car51 can't grasp.

You are seriously on a roll...

Quote:
The Eco-Pur™ system is a patent pending technology, easy to install, onboard fluid cleaning system that continuously removes both the solid and liquid contaminants from engine oil, allowing your engine to run with clean oil 100 percent of the time. The Eco-Pur™ is the first and only supplemental filtration system to utilize state of the art electronic controls to continuously optimize the cleaning process to remove contaminates from the lubricating oil of an operating engine. This process includes high efficiency filtration, a patented evaporation process, and electronic controls to optimize and maintain the cleaning process.

ummmm....again, they are adding a heating/distillation process TO a filter.

The filter isn't filtering fuel/water out of the oil.

Soon as you snag an article that links glass media itself filtering out, or absorbing/adsorbing fuel, please do post it.

If you are just scattergunning across the internet looking for the words "fuel", "advanced" and "media", while providing amusement value, isn't educating anyone, CAR51, the OP, or myself included.

You offered some real data, then claim that we are seeking free trade secrets.

Laboratory equipment is made out of glass...why is that so ?

Which makes the claims of it filtering fuel out of oil seem utterly absurd...big claims call for big facts...show them.

Originally Posted By: car51
Car51,

I'm certainly not knowledgeable about all things by any stretch of the imagination and I concede some points presented here in this thread, however some things I have to wave a flag on. OT saw that you cut your Bosch filter, glad that it held up well unlike some of the others seen here recently. I haven't gotten around to posting it yet but the cheap Rock Auto filter that came off Lauren's Lexus looked good after a nearly 6,000 mile run with VSP 20w50. The last one of those cheapie filters from rock went back on with some 5w20 Defy. Will post in another thread when the UOA comes back.

Good to hear Luke and as I said you keep it REAL and show us facts and info. Carry on man
smile.gif

Car51, your an idiot, trying to spark a fight. I'm an actual analyst in real life. Clients I've served. Ford, Toyota, GM, Honda, Ferrari, Lexus, US Navy, Chicago CTA, New York MTA, Portland Metro, O'Hare International, FBI Chicago field maintenance office, Secret Service, United Airlines, American Airlines, Spirit, Taca Airlines. I guess those aren't real right?

DanielD: thanks for your snide remark. Shows me what "person" you really are. Enjoy your "vacation" and don't ever call a person a idiot. Take a look in the mirror!

https://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/Racor_Fuel_Filtration_-_Fuel_Filtration_Products_-_7529.pdf

Re my previous point about coalescing "free" water...
Quote:
Smaller water droplets bead-up along and on the sides of the internal components and on the surface of the Aquabloc® Synergy filter. When large enough, they too fall into the high-capacity bowl to be drained as needed.

Aquabloc Synergy filter repels any remaining water droplets while stopping and trapping fine rust and dirt particles.

Blocks and Coalesces free water (can't do inherent moisture)...that's a specially treated cellulose media.

Given that hydrocarbons are a genuine mixture, it won't ever filter out fuel.

The ones that remove inherent moisture are (again) cellulose specially treated so that instead of repelling water, they soak it up...up to 25 times the media mass...and again, they won't do that:
a) with fuel;
b) made out of glass.

Car51,

I'm certainly not knowledgeable about all things by any stretch of the imagination and I concede some points presented here in this thread, however some things I have to wave a flag on. OT saw that you cut your Bosch filter, glad that it held up well unlike some of the others seen here recently. I haven't gotten around to posting it yet but the cheap Rock Auto filter that came off Lauren's Lexus looked good after a nearly 6,000 mile run with VSP 20w50. The last one of those cheapie filters from rock went back on with some 5w20 Defy. Will post in another thread when the UOA comes back.

Good to hear Luke and as I said you keep it REAL and show us facts and info. Carry on man
smile.gif

Car51, your an idiot, trying to spark a fight. I'm an actual analyst in real life. Clients I've served. Ford, Toyota, GM, Honda, Ferrari, Lexus, US Navy, Chicago CTA, New York MTA, Portland Metro, O'Hare International, FBI Chicago field maintenance office, Secret Service, United Airlines, American Airlines, Spirit, Taca Airlines. I guess those aren't real right?

DanielD: thanks for your snide remark. Shows me what "person" you really are. Enjoy your "vacation" and don't ever call a person a idiot. Take a look in the mirror!

your comments are to start a fight, don't get mad when it backfires.

Ok, time to put this to rest. Who wants to call a subject matter expert and settle the matter? There's probably the one person who would shed some light on some of the things I've mentioned without getting sued that I can think of right off the bat.

Ok, time to put this to rest. Who wants to call a subject matter expert and settle the matter? There's probably the one person who would shed some light on some of the things I've mentioned without getting sued that I can think of right off the bat.

I thought that YOU were the subject matter expert...bring some data to the table that agrees with you ....

I thought that YOU were the subject matter expert...bring some data to the table that agrees with you ....

He is NOT a expert in anything except insulting people’s intelligence

He is NOT a expert in anything except insulting people’s intelligence

LOL.

2. I'm limited by my agreement on what I can share in regards to how our filter works. So I'm getting put in a catch 22.

3. I was hoping Car51 would be the one to say, I'm going to call this punk out and take him on his offer!!!

4. If someone calls and comes back on the forum and says I'm wrong, that the person I recommended said otherwise, etc. I will leave BITOG and never come back unless I'm invited back.

I'm willing to post an official company website via PM to whomever wants to call the place and have a chat. It's not me for those wondering, lol.

I can post UOAs soon once I get my laptop back!

2. No, I don't know everything.

What I thought, no one would actually do anything. Just a bunch of talkers.

The offer's on the table mate...present something that supports the statements that you made about glass filters removing fuel...the stuff that you posted doesn't support your position, it appears that you failed to even READ the content of the links that you posted other than seeing the words "glass" and "fuel" in the same google search.

So who's the "talker" then ?

Come on, ante up and give us something, anything that defends your claims...they ARE your area of speciality remember.

BTW, been doing a little more than talking at this end...and I can find NOTHING that supports ANY of your claims.

You keep calling members like myself and others “idiots” and such I’ll see to it you take a permanent vacation. You are just a “big talker” and in my job; your type doesn’t last long

You keep calling members like myself and others “idiots” and such I’ll see to it you take a permanent vacation. You are just a “big talker” and in my job; your type doesn’t last long

Car51, your threats are idle. Matter of a fact, your threat of me taking a "permanent vacation" could be constituted as a threat to an employee of the federal government. I'd watch what YOU post.

Shannow, will you take me up on the offer? I can't publish internal docs so I'm struggling how to prove. However, if you call the company I think you can find an answer to your liking of technicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back