13 Ford Edge shift indicator lights

I was wondering if any of you all, ran into this issue before, shift indicator light staying on, after vehicle is shut down..
I've done a couple google searches.. not sure.. if I should do the whole shift lever.. or just the switch.. also done a search on Mact Ford Edge

A buddy of mine had a glitchy dash, clock and radio losing memory, random lights, door dinger at odd times, and randomly dead gages on his Focus along with a dome light that would randomly stay on overnight.

It was a pain to figure out over 3 days while blasticating the battery to full roast on "turbo cook" settings with the dumb buzz-box charger.

He doesn't wash a car. It was filthy and so was the interior track on his moon roof. The drain lines were plugged. It leaks into the interior and behind the dash, it does rot ground studs-n'-bolts. Cleaned, reattached, then painted over those points.

Came to find his negative battery cable was rotten into and under the insulation up to 2" behind the battery terminal. Chopped it. Replaced the battery negative terminal... right as rain! 👍

[EDIT] I'm not saying that's going to be your cure. But electrical grounds that aren't 110% can make any modern vehicle vomit in it's own boots. If you can do it, you can save a ton of moolah by turning your own wrenches and screws. Dig up service and technical manuals and a decent set of basic mech tools and you might kick this in the buttons. Before you reach for parts? Test the ones you already got and make sure they get reliable power and ground feeds.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine had a glitchy dash, clock and radio losing memory, random lights, door dinger at odd times, and randomly dead gages on his Focus along with a dome light that would randomly stay on overnight.

It was a pain to figure out over 3 days while blasticating the battery to full roast on "turbo cook" settings with the dumb buzz-box charger.

He doesn't wash a car. It was filthy and so was the interior track on his moon roof. The drain lines were plugged. It leaks into the interior and behind the dash, it does rot ground studs-n'-bolts. Cleaned, reattached, then painted over those points.

Came to find his negative battery cable was rotten into and under the insulation up to 2" behind the battery terminal. Chopped it. Replaced the battery negative terminal... right as rain! 👍

[EDIT] I'm not saying that's going to be your cure. But electrical grounds that aren't 110% can make any modern vehicle vomit in it's own boots. If you can do it, you can save a ton of moolah by turning your own wrenches and screws. Dig up service and technical manuals and a decent set of basic mech tools and you might kick this in the buttons. Before you reach for parts? Test the ones you already got and make sure they get reliable power and ground feeds.
I had to replace my shifter.. all is good now.. thanks anyhow..

Back