12ga semiauto shotgun?

Another Remington 1100 12 gauge owner here. Mine is a 1978 model and looks brand new. I've owned it for almost 30 years. Wouldn't take the world for it because my dad bought it for me. The 1100 is a great gun, just need to keep a new o-ring near in case it fails and you need to replace it. Very solid choice if you can find one. The 1100's are also known for very reasonable recoil.

I've got one about that old too, bought it new. It's a 12-ga, 3" magnum. The stocks back in those days were nice walnut with a thick clear-coat. Used it primarily for pheasant hunting.
Yes the stocks were very nice, with a beautiful high gloss finish on the walnut. I also have an 870 Wingmaster from that era, chambered for 2 3/4" and 3" magnum. That is another beauty!

Here's my sem-auto 12 ga. Rock Island VR60

Attachments

• 20220711_203501~2.jpg
    20220711_203501~2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 18
Maverick 88 or Mossburg 500 pump 12 gauge ?
And many of these are sold as "Combo Guns". They come with both a 28" vented rib barrel, as well as a 18" or 20" cylinder bore barrel for self defense. Best of both worlds.

You can shoot the 28" ribbed barrel for clays and most upland game hunting. Then keep it as a house gun with the 18" barrel on it. These things go on sale all the time at places like Big 5 Sporting Goods, and Academy. Some even come with wood stocks, and a pistol grip you can install yourself if you like.

They're rugged and dependable as hell, and are one of the best buys in the shotgun world today.

as the o.p. i want to close the loop here: got a benelli m2 12ga tactical semiauto shotgun with an 18.5” barrel. very expensive but very nice. i found an indoor shooting range that allows shotguns and put 50 rounds of birdshot through it, just a familiarization-fire. it’s no real fun to shoot indoors but it’s a great piece. thanks to all for your advice!

Last edited:
as the o.p. i want to close the loop here: got a benelli m2 12ga tactical semiauto shotgun with an 18.5” barrel. very expensive but very nice. i found an indoor shooting range that allows shotguns and put 50 rounds of birdshot through it, just a familiarization-fire. it’s no real fun to shoot indoors but it’s a great piece. thanks to all for your advice!
Pistol Grip or Standard. Great choice by the way!

You ended up with a very sound and well engineered piece of equipment! I strongly suggest you train with it, now, and learn to optimize your use of the unique manual of arms that the Benelli M series has.

Back