$120 Carnauba wax, really?

I watch his youtube channel for entertainment purposes only. I went on his website to see how much this new wax cost, and you could’ve knocked me over with a feather with the outrageous price. All of his products are super high. I guess he has to pay the mortgage on that $2 million dollar shop he built.

Not worth it

Collinite 915 is my go to for amazing carnuba.
It was just unreal the depth and gloss.
Hands down the best for me.

Leave it to BITOG to not know who Larry Kosilla is. Very well respected in the detailing world. All of his products are a premium price.

Clearly the BITOG crowd that is excided about Nufinish will not understand that there are many nuances to detailing products and their usability and function.

Chemical Guys has a couple of high priced waxes. You thought $120 was outrageous?

I could have sworn a few years ago CG advertised J97 as a lifetime wax. As in, when you ran out you sent them the jar and it came back full. You basically brought the jar. Wax is free.

This type of wax isn’t intended for the average person. It’s intended for someone who is form over function and has money to spend. It’s like fine dining. They don’t want chemical guys. That’s for peasants. They want a boutique line of car care products, and ammo delivers. Plus Larry’s whole idea is he sells a “system” not a product. You can buy one of everything off his site and know you are at minimum getting a decent product. I’ve been detailing for a while so I have mixed and matched my whole line up between turtle, meguiars, mothers etc. I can see someone who doesn’t know much about detailing to have interest in AMMO.

Sometimes I want to buy into the AMMO line, but I’ve already got enough supplies to last me 15 years. Maybe I’ll do ammo when I buy a new Porsche or something.

Last edited:
I can no longer stand to watch his content. I also think the market is flooded with too many crossover products. Is his product better than fusso coat or collinite 915? Can you as the consumer see the difference visually in the end result, and does it last longer than products currenty on the market? Id want to know those two answers before commiting to a $120 glass jar..

I can no longer stand to watch his content. I also think the market is flooded with too many crossover products. Is his product better than fusso coat or collinite 915? Can you as the consumer see the difference visually in the end result, and does it last longer than products currenty on the market? Id want to know those two answers before commiting to a $120 glass jar..
Are you in the market?

Send him an email or call. He answers. What's that worth?

This type of wax isn’t intended for the average person. It’s intended for someone who is form over function and has money to spend. It’s like fine dining. They don’t want chemical guys. That’s for peasants. They want a boutique line of car care products, and ammo delivers. Plus Larry’s whole idea is he sells a “system” not a product. You can buy one of everything off his site and know you are at minimum getting a decent product. I’ve been detailing for a while so I have mixed and matched my whole line up between turtle, meguiars, mothers etc. I can see someone who doesn’t know much about detailing to have interest in AMMO.

Sometimes I want to buy into the AMMO line, but I’ve already got enough supplies to last me 15 years. Maybe I’ll do ammo when I buy a new Porsche or something.
I agree. I also think there's a small segment of the market, as is the case with many other markets, that assumes because a product costs more it must be better, and they buy it solely based on that. That may or may not be the case, here but I'm sure it comes into play with a decent percentage of sales to avid car enthusiasts.

wax is all fancy and good looking, but when u try beginner friendly coatings.... game over.
The only thing I like better about waxes/sealants is they come off much easier than a ceramic coating.

So for a black car, you can use a quality wax or sealant quarterly and do a light polish annually.

Back