12 Buick LaCrosse 3.6L 8.6k OCI Valvoline Maxlife 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously there was an issue with oil consumption and it correlated to the colder months where my vehicle sees lots of idling due to remote starting to get into a nice toasty car. The car sees about 18-20k per year so it gets up to temp frequently so fuel dilution is not a concern. I also changed the pcv valve and installed a catch can. I did however increase the weight to Amsoil signature series 0w40 to combat this, very interested to see how the next report comes back. With this oil change my car turned 100,000 and I used an Amsoil engine flush before putting in the signature series so that was kind of a false positive on the amount of fuel dilution. Not that anyone here takes blackstone serious for that anyways.

Filter used on previous oci is Fram ultra and used one this time as well.

People seemed to want to discourage me from long oci on this engine but so far I don't think it is out of the question.
OLM went to 7,548 milestone before hitting 0%.
Extended the oci past blackstone's suggestion due to the make up.

Edit: oil consumption problem is no more. Added 1.66 quarts 4 months ago and changed pcv valve and oil consumption slowed down to 1 quart over the next 7k miles. Also, notified blackstone that I used the engine flush, and previous email correspondence suggested doing so would make fuel dilution appear higher, but seems that when making this report they somehow forgot that I provided them with that information.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back