114.3 and 115mm bolt patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can wheels be interchanged between these two? 114.3 5 lug wheels are very common and have been used on many vehicles for years and years. I have a '94 Seville with the GM 115mm 5 lug bolt pattern and I was wondering if 114.3 and 115 are interchangeable?

Do you have lugbolts or nuts for these wheels? If the former, look for something called floating bolts. Personally I don't think I'd risk it, but some people use it.

There's also the issue of different centerbore (hub diameter), which may be different on different cars.

Y'know, I'm not sure, I'll have to look and see what kind of nuts are on there. As for the hubs, recently I tried to take a 15" wheel with a 5 bolt pattern and 114.3 spacing and put it on a car that had 16" wheels and it wouldn't fit. The 15" wheel had a slightly smaller diameter center and wouldn't go on the hub that had the 16" wheels. The 16" wheel went on the car with the 15" wheels no problem though. The lugs were the same threads, the bolt pattern matched up fine and the car drove fine. One was a Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000 GT and the other one was a Chrysler Concorde.

I see no reason why a wheel from a Ford with a 114.3mm spacing and 5 lugs can't go on a GM or a Toyota with 114.3mm spacing and 5 lugs. As long as the offset is similar, within a few millimeters.

As far as the difference between 114.3 and 115, is .7mm enough to not allow a wheel to fit? I'm probably going to have to just try it to really find out unless someone here has actually already done it and can say for sure one way or the other.

Nope, they can not be interchanged. Puts too much stress on the lug.

BTW, the floating lug bolts was an idea that works but the rims are always labeled as such.

One word of caution: In addition to all the things mentioned above, the brake calipers can cause interference problems as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back